Final Damnation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Longest Night (Act 3 - All Players)

+4
Typhus
lord_luapssor
DEATH
Admin
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Longest Night (Act 3 - All Players) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Longest Night (Act 3 - All Players)

Post  Admin Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:28 am

The cold wind and steady shower of rain has caused the conditions around the camp to become miserable with dirt turning to mud and the rain itself brings a new danger – Radiation from the nearby nuclear impact sites. Around the site men have settled in with their sections, some putting up in the small house, some in the workshop shed, others with the vehicles under cover in the log storage shed – However they feel uneasy in the lashing weather outside their sheltered roof. Inside someone has gone to the trouble of lightning the fire downstairs of the small house and some men have decided to start heating MRE’s or meat to give them a warm meal.

As Gunson passes by a small group of men he observes them playing cards using bullets as currency; “Hey Sir, want to join?” One of the GI’s asks. Many other small recreational activities has kicked out over the camp as men burn off their stress steam and obvious pains.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://finaldamnation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Longest Night (Act 3 - All Players) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Longest Night (Act 3 - All Players)

Post  Typhus Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:57 am

as Sanhcez waits for a reply from the Major he notice's it start's raining and turn's to the Major and say's

"dont worry about dogwatch sir it's started raining cant put the boy's out in the rain we dont want glowing soldier's"
Typhus
Typhus

Back to top Go down

The Longest Night (Act 3 - All Players) - Page 2 Empty The Longest Night (Act 3 - All Players)

Post  Wiedermann Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:18 pm

Weidermann says amiably to Sanchez, “Your offer of dogwatch is duly noted and appreciated Sgt. I prefer my marines to not be glowing in the dark. It makes night ops very difficult.” He looks out the window and observes “ No ones going to be doing anything in this muck. The only good thing about it is, if its raining on us then its raining on them too! Sgt can you please inform the Cpt and senior NCO’s that there is to be an O group by Bears bedside in 5 mins.”

Weidermann makes himself a cup of coffee and heads to the O group. As the Cpt and NCO’s shuffle in. Weidermann waves for them to sit down. He remains standing in front of them, coffee now sitting on the window sill.

“Gentleman… and I use the term loosely. Earlier today, we had a major breach of radio security. If the enemy had any functioning locating gear, we would have already been shelled. As it is, our position will have already been triangulated by every Russian signalman within 25ks. I will state again what Bear has already said. When the enemy broadcasts in the clear like that, he is fishing for a response. It is a very crude and usually ineffective method. However using this crude method Ivan drew a response and we are pinged. As soon as the rain clears we are obliged to withdraw from these excellent surrounds. We can expect a reconnaissance platoon or a mechanized platoon if not both, as soon as they can travel. The only save I think we can pull from this, is we know they are coming. Upon our withdrawal, we shall booby trap this area, we shall also be leaving a sniper team here to see what enemy does come. They are to identify any intel element with the enemy party, and kill them. Failing that , the enemy recon commander or whoever is in charge of that show. In short gentleman, we need to think before we open our yaps on the radio. If anyone has any cunning ideas regarding trapping this place, I am all ears.”

Weidermann takes a swig of now luke warm coffee and then turns to look at Bear and Guns.

“ Guns, I trust that this has been a learning experience for you. You pair now need to function as a team, a lethal team. Ensure this lethality is directed at the enemy. We have much work to be done. And any distractions or distrust will prove lethal to our side. I asked you to sort it… now I am telling you to sort it. Until you do, this unit will be running largely blind. And this will kill us.” Weidermann points out the window to the 5 graves, “ I don’t want to have any more additions to that tally needlessly.” (OOC note: The graves are the 1 murdered para and 4 GI’s from 5 DIV killed at the bluffs.)

Weidermann turns and plucks his now cold coffee from the sill, and as he stalks out the door he pauses and snaps out over his shoulder

“Dismissed.”
Wiedermann
Wiedermann

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:00 am

Inside the house a scene is erupting between two men; one man is bent low, he had obtained a notepad and a pen and was now writing on the remaining table of the living room the other man watched him with a blank stare. Finally the man staring seemed to break with sudden anger;
“You writing her again Pilks?” He thundered over the small living room.
“Yeah, when we get to finally post Vicki is going to get these.” He said, not even pausing in his writing.
The other man, a fifth division soldier rubs a hand over his lips with a growl he finally responds. “Vicki was in L.A. man, that place is one of the worst hit, it’s nothing but a gigantic hole in the ground that glows at night now! She’s dead man! And even –if- she is alive, even –if- she had gotten away, you think the mail is still functioning? Hell no! And even if it was, what is the chances they can find her? What’s the chances of you surviving the next two days in this hell hole! If the Russians don’t kill us the bloody radiation will!”
He turns to walk upstairs and that’s when ‘Pilks’ springs up from his table kicking it aside and leaping for the man with a punch leading into a all-out brawl between the men.
“God Damnit Pilks, we’re dead men, don’t you get it!” Shouted the other man. Around the room other soldiers rush forward to part the two, things like this are seeming to become quite common now.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Typhus Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:42 am

Sanchez stand's and turns to Captain Gunson and ask's

"Sir can i send my men over to weapon's supplies and grab some more ammo? were gunna need it"

as the Sergeant gets his answer he head's towards' the door knowing that his mission may be his last, he head's over to were his men are grabbing some chow. As he enters his men stand and salute him, Sanchez salutes his men and say's

"as you were...men weve been giving the task of hanging back as the group move's on, our position has been compramised.... our objective is to get as much intel as we can on the advancing russian's before we kill the 'hoopleheads', there will be some of our boys booby trapping the camp so watch out for friendlies. We can expect to encounter a reconnaissance platoon or mechanized platoon if not both maybe even sniper's so be carefull out there. I want you to take out any heavy weapon's teams you see first, then i trust your judgment to whom you take out next, hopefully the booby traps will slow down any armoured vehicle's if any of you have a shot on any officer's take it. When you've finished your meal's head over to weapon's supplies and grab what ammo we are going to need. Get your gear ready boy's its gunna be one hell of a fight... 'HOORAH'.."

after giving his men their order's Sanchez grab's a bite to eat and a hot cuppa and sit's with the boy's. Before the rain stop's Sanchez checks over his equipment and make's sure everyting is in place, his rifle clean and scope is still sighted in, with camo paint on and his team ready they await the rain to stop to start their mission.
Typhus
Typhus

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:22 am

guns looks towards the major as he leaves and shakes his head before following him out of the bunkroom.
"sir" guns says as he stands straight looking him in the eyes "with all due respect, i dont think that its going to happen, and not from my lack of trying" guns says before looking around the men in the room. "he doesnt trust me, and frankly i dont trust him... not as a man but his judgment certaily. you said that you didnt know the details but im not in the wrong here. and i resent the implication that i disobayed orders both at the ememy entrenchment, and now." guns looks towards the major
"i request that you find me another possition sir, as you said a running recon eliment is important. and with bear and i together i cant see that happening. i think i would be better suited leading some of the infantry sir. i dont mean to question you judgment sir but wouldnt duke be better suited to recon. im a fighting man sir, not a sneak"
DEATH
DEATH

Back to top Go down

Post  Anon Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:40 am

A soldier doubles up to Gunson and informs him of the Majors O Group being held.

"Thank you Soldier. Run around to the men a the back of the building, you'll see them digging and inform them once they are finished to go and get some sleep".

After Major Weidermann has concluded his meeting and with all the Senior NCO's present:

"Men, take in what has been said here today. I, with agreement from Major Weidermann, am coming up with a new strategum that shall make this team a more effective unit. To date you have had it fairly easy but it is obvious to me that this spur of the moment union has had it's drawbacks. Because the Militant forces have broken down into respective units DOES NOT mean that we start to let our discipline and training subside. I was intending to brief you all tomorrow on these new principles but as we have had some.. drawbacks.. So instead we will be moving out, weather permitting." he looks around the room to ensure words are not falling on deaf ears. "Men. You have your orders. Get your shit together and prepare to move out at weather break. The Major and I shall decide on a new location".

Before the Captain can exit Sanchez requests his attention:
"Sir can i send my men over to weapon's supplies and grab some more ammo? were gunna need it"

Gunson nods his approval "Ah, Sanchez. On a further note, keep your eye out for any radiation treatments". Sanchez is already half hanging out the door.

Gunson turns on his heel and exits swiftly from the room and moves to an adjacent area. Sitting on the windowsill, watching the near lethal rain hit the panes of glass, he removes a notebook from his smock pocket and pencil and begins to illegibly jot down notes. 20 minutes later and quite satisfied with himself, he moves off to find Major Weidermann to talk things over.
Anon
Anon

http://www.twitter.com/theinnerpaul

Back to top Go down

Post  whitescar Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:46 pm

Bears motions a nearby GI over, speaking to him firmly.

" Can ya let the Major or Captain know i be need tah' speak to one of them as soon as they are able. I have a matter to discuss."

He watches the Gi salute and make his way from the room.
whitescar
whitescar

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_luapssor Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:00 pm

Kawalski grabs his Jump Bag and begins to pack it up. You heard what the man said Butcher, start to pack this place up. Do a scout of the camp too and get what you might think would be useful, makeshift splints, bandages etc.. Beg, borrow and steal what you can from the new element that joined up. Think we will have to practice some redneck medicine here. Take it all the Ambulance. I'll you in charge here to finish packing it up. I'm going find some more items and some paint Smiles and winks at Butcher, who chuckles and shakes his head in aknowledgement as to what Kawalski is doing.
lord_luapssor
lord_luapssor

Back to top Go down

Post  Typhus Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:05 am

Sanchez salute's the Captain and say's

"thank's sir"

as he walk's out, the Sergeant heads over to the infirmary to see if he can pick up some rad treatments for himself and his men. When Sanchez enter's the infirmary he salute's Staff Sergeant Kawalski

"sir i need enough radiation treatment's for 7 men please, order's from Captain Gunson, and if you can spare 'em' sir we could go for a few more med pack's"
Typhus
Typhus

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:04 am

"i will let you think about the transfer major, and now im gunna go sort this thing with bear" guns says as he tosses wiedermann a casual salute before walking over to his gear and pulling out a small steel flask. smiling it a light shake and hearing the liquid inside move about he grins before heading back into the bunkroom

moving throught he door guns looks towards bear and pulls up a seat near him.
"ok, so we both know whats going on, and talkin aint gunna sort this out. so where gunna do it the aussie way." takes a small swig out of the flask before handing it to bear "were gunna have a drink together and let this thing go."
DEATH
DEATH

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_luapssor Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:14 am

Seeing Sanchez, Kawalski just nods in reply. "Don't Salute me. I'm not an officer, I work for a living. I don't have anything to treat radiation and I don't think that I will ever see any. Who ever asked you for them has been playing to many video games. Only thing that comes close is Potassium Iodide tablet, which I have none of. But that only really protects the Thyroid and is only useful IF you are going to be in a hot zone. There is no way to reduce amount your body already has. If you find some camera film use a square of that, if it whites out and looks over exposed. Get the fuck out there. But this all boring to you. As to the Med Kits Each solider, including you have there personal ones. I have none to spare an you are lucky that I haven't taken the personal ones yet."

He keeps packing up his things, turns back to Sanchez "Oh can you pass word around that IF we ever and it's a huge IF. find ourselves near or in a town or anywhere for that matter that has a Photo Lab, let me know. I might be able to make you some Rad Treatments." Smiles.
lord_luapssor
lord_luapssor

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:55 am

As a startling surprise gunshots suddenly break the sound of pouring rain against the metal of roofs until it echoes over the courtyard. Automatic fire comes swiftly almost as frequent a sound as the rain drops themselves causing everyone to suddenly move with a combat grace – However the scene is soon discovered that in the workshop the men had managed to locate a small alcohol storage holding potent moonshine and were now incredibly drunk as they fired shots off into random targets over the room. The section itself only involves five men including the earlier mentioned Pilks. They seem to be having a great time as they produced what they considered to be fantastic shots, cheering and loud yelling, one had also managed to run a tape through a nearby work bench with some foreign singer yelling something that no one would ever understand even if they spoke that language. Privates Leray, Vance, Gregor, Timons and Franks were the other parties.

As this commotion settles, something in the distance thunders as it demands everyone’s attention like an act of god. Not too far from the camp a area disappears for a moment into a bright flash of light that then erupts into a vicious fire soon put out by the damp rain – The shelling tears apart the trees under its impact, well over a few hundred meters away then fades away once more to mere darkness until another shell lands somewhere close to its location. Hundreds of meters into the dark, the forest was dying in the most horrible way humans can destroy anything.
The end of the second day seems to be a endless maze of disasters despite the hold of the pouring rain.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Typhus Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:11 am

as Sanchez is standing there listening to the Doc he can hear the hooplehead's bombing the forest not to far away he also notice's that there isnt much med supplie's to be spared and say's to the doc

"no prob's thanks anyway doc, i'll let people know that if they come across a photo lab to inform you ASAP"

as Sanchez turns and leaves the infirmary he hears gun fire ring out from outside somewhere and grabs some cover and readie's his rifle and say's to the doc

"you alright doc?...the hoopleheads are here already, but its still raining...what are they gunna do shoot us from there peep hole's...f#*ker's"
Sanchez look's out the window and relise's that there are no hooplehead's in the camp and stand's up and comment's

"who the hell is is shooting and at what?"
Typhus
Typhus

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_luapssor Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:35 am

Kawalski looks up from what he doing and looks out the window. "What the hell was that? looked like a flash of a tactical nuke or something? or a huge mo fo bomb!" Finishes packing up is bag and puts it on his back. "Yo Butcher get ready I'm pretty that's not going to be the last of it. Stay here I'll bring them to you." Run out the door to find the command muttering as he goes along "Great, just F@#KING great, low on supplies, beds and time and this s@#t happens!
lord_luapssor
lord_luapssor

Back to top Go down

Post  Evilone Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:38 am

The radio suddenly comes to life at the compound and a familiar american voice is heard.

"HQ, this is Hammer. Im coming in fast down the road in a blue 4x4. I have two civilians, one boy, and a female who has been gut shot. Requesting medical assistance. Ova."

The radio cuts out, and shortly after the sound of a ute can be heard coming down the road, blaring along with no lights.
Evilone
Evilone

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiedermann Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:12 pm

Weidermann grabs a short range set, “ Hammer this is War Fox. Acknowledged one civvy casualty. Treatment will be waiting. Report any enemy contact enroute. Is that road still open?”

Calling out to Sgt Valance “ Fuel up for 100ks travel. Get the tanks ready to roll. Stand by to spearhead our convoy.”

Turning to Gunson, “ Right Cpt. Lets issue one extra mag per M16. Lets get that still loaded onto the truck. See if you can settle the drunks down and pack them into the truck. Make sure Rochester’s with them to bust any skulls should he need to. Nothing sobers up a soldier like an MP.”

Calling out to Sgt Jones, “ Sgt, get recon on that 2.5 tonner. Stick close to the tanks. Be ready to debus and butterfly clear the road ahead.”

As men gradually start to mill about their tasks, the Major bellows “ Section commanders take hold of your men. Lets get this location packed and moving. Rickshaw drivers, all drivers ensure you are tanked up for 100ks travel. Gentleman… we’re heading to Strykow.”

Weidermann puts his basic webbing on, slings his pack and heads over to Kawalski. “ Did you copy that civvy casualty? Looks like we will have to treat her on the run. The kid will have to enbus with you.”
Wiedermann
Wiedermann

Back to top Go down

Post  Typhus Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:40 am

as everyone is packing up and getting ready to move out Sanchez runs to were his men are, half way across the camp he notice's a blue vehicle coming towards the camp and fast, the Sergeant reaches his men who are grabbing a few extra clips and supplie's for the mission at hand and say's to them

[color=blue]"order's have changed men i want two three man teams here and here,"

as he pulls out a rough hand drawn map of the camp and point's to where he wants his men

"this will be the retreat route, you boy's are to provide covering fire and leap frog when we have to bug out , travel light so we can make a hasty but effective retreat, kill as many hoopleheads as you can...HOORAH"
Typhus
Typhus

Back to top Go down

Post  whitescar Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:06 am

Bear takes the flask that has been offered and takes a long draw just as the sounds of shelling starts, contiinuing to take a long pull he drops his gaze top Guns and lowers the flask gradually as the radio cuts in.

"HQ, this is Hammer. Im coming in fast down the road in a blue 4x4. I have two civilians, one boy, and a female who has been gut shot. Requesting medical assistance. Ova."

"This shit is sorted! Sounds like tha' Russkies have a bit o a bead of our general direction. Go get are' boys saddled up n ready to move, we gonna 'ave some fun ahead o us. I'll join ya' shortly." he quickly takes another draw of the flask and hands it back to guns, and turns to look for his gear. "Yo Kawalski ya arse bandit, where did ya leave mah gear!"

He begins to pull on his shirt and combat gear as quickly as possible with only a slight grimace as he moves his shoulder.

Last edited by whitescar on Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
whitescar
whitescar

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiedermann Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:42 pm

Weidermann moves over to where the marines are preparing to stay behind for the sniping detail.

“ Sanchez…, Change of plan. This is a bug out under fire. No booby traps, no sniping, no time. When we get to the highway, I want your team to butterfly clear the left flank. Recon will have the right. Pack up into the trucks we need to roll before the arty’s in to us.”

Moving in a business like manner to where recon is packing into the 2.5 tonner he calls out to Guns,

“ Guns, when we reach the highway I’ll need a recon team to butterfly clear the right flank. The marines have the left. Work together to clear that highway. Be ready to indicate targets for the tanks.”

Weidermann turns to go and find Sgt Wade to get a report on the road and eyeball the civilians.
Wiedermann
Wiedermann

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_luapssor Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:00 am

With a short nod to Wiedermann Kawalski replys "Already on it" turns and jogs with a limp toward his "Ambulance". Sees Butcher helping the more serious wounded, the ones that need to be monitored in the truck. lue"Alright [color=green]Butcherwe have in coming civvy wounded, a child that needs intervention. So we need to make room he incase we need to preform any major wound treatment. Time like these I miss my radio. Wish I could extra information on what is needed. Anyway we need to put the mother in the cab I don't want her back here and move the walking wounded to the other trucks. It's a child and I don't no hero's trying to protect a child if I have do something that may case him pain. Alrighty get to it." Looks around the tray of the truck. "Hmm plastic, alcohol and brush would be nice. Guess I'll have to give the antibiotics I have. I have they are still there." Begins the clean the tray as much as possible.
lord_luapssor
lord_luapssor

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:04 am

as guns slides the action back on his styre cheaking the breech he looks towards the major.
"so where pushing out in the rain sir?" frowning slightly "it is radioactive you know"
DEATH
DEATH

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:28 am

Within minutes the group becomes organised to start moving out with men allocating gear from each truck and the ¾ truck and the weather tarps being brought into position for the trucks cargo spaces. The rain continues to pour down outside as the Marine Force Recon men are sent out to scout for logging trails that could be used to drive the trucks out on. Upon their return they give a promising response and are then sent up the dirt road to get some eyes and ears on the situation out the main route, they take the Humvee and speed off. Within minutes they respond via 2km radio that they have eyes on a lit up group of at least seven armoured vehicles pointing towards the dirt road with about one kilometre break from the nearest woodland using headlights – At least two of the vehicles are tanks and are at the start of the group illuminated by their own headlights from the further away vehicles.

Gunson, Sanchez, Duke, Bear and Guns decide to get a better look at the situation using the ¾ they speed over the road as well parking neatly into a wooded section behind the Humvee they approach the Force Recon’s position and rally with them. Using very sparse bush land they approach the armored unit from the east towards their position sitting onto of the mostly open area which joins the highway with the dirt road. Only a few hundred meters away they spot out a couple more T-72’s amongst the armored group and a few BTR-70’s.

They decide to take this opportunity to return to the camp, as they pull in through the fencing however a pair more shells impact with a bright orange flash in the nearby woods devastating trees half a distance again closer towards the camp then last. With the Humvee on its last legs it is decommissioned, it’s radio removed and Trips gives a position “Yeah, she’ll blow up great!” report on his work booby trapping it.

The decision to move out is given using the logging trails, at first the ¾ travels in the lead followed by the 2 ½ and then a truck, Abrams, truck and Abrams in the rear until an unfortunate circumstance causes the 5 ton trucks to spear off the road into the tree line and halt up the convoy until the tanks can wrench them free from the tree line. The logging trail begins to become hard to navigate west ward as the group begins to encounter downed logs which the 2 ½ is at first used to ‘nudge’ out of the way. Eventually it is deemed necessary to bring an Abrams to the front to properly clear the path as the convoy proceeds taking a southern trail. Going very slow speeds the group clears next to three kilometers of woodland before seeing the end of their dense woods into more common spread out tree line opening into a leveled open field which possesses a raised train track as its only feature heading east and west. Upon leaving the camp the shelling lands into the yards now vacant.

It was at this point as the vehicles moved that the Abrams reported seeing men break cover to the east of the five ton truck at the rear, about thirty meters from the ‘Ambulance’ with a radio message in English; “Halt or Die” carrying a Russian accent, a second pause is allowed to ask for permission to fire just before it’s M2HB machine gun mounted inside it’s turret is allowed to go to work on the advancing soldiers it’s fire causing at least five enemy soldiers to explode into a shower of crimson red, arms and legs. Inside the trucks men react, leaning out windows and side flaps opening up on the nearby forest line – Orders are issued, amongst those one from Bear for half his men to watch the west side of the trail. Men advancing on the eastern side suffer horrible fire; however their response is just as brutal as three impressive RPG blast from the western side, tear into the rear Abrams turret causing the beast of a machine to come to a silent halt followed by burst fire from AK’s tearing holes into the cover of trucks.

The men watching the western side react, sending fire into that area of woodland. As the Convoy continues to push forward the lead tank turns itself around to face the woods and as the trucks loaded with men firing out pull from the forest it opens fire at first with a HEAT round into the direction of the RPG shots causing at least ten men to die in the fury of fire and pain and its M2HB opens fire as well raking the woods with a terrible brutal efficiency carving down men and trees alike. From the woods a pair more RPG rounds flash clear as well as burst fire from AK’s, the bullets chasing the retreating trucks and one RPG igniting crippling the ‘Ambulance’ as it slices into the hull of the vehicle causing everyone inside to feel a jolting blast from it. Upon seeing men scramble free from the wrecked tank the decision is made by many to disembark and move into the forest to route the attackers – and fire continues to be exchanged with the NCO’s pressing the attack lead out by the fury of a M203 blast onto the covered tree line. Many attacking men have been hit between the fire exchange beginning from the forest to now, and the M203 also manages to catch at least three men sending them to their deaths.

Fire opens up from further into the woods – Targeted ‘at’ the attacking soldiers which are now clearly Russian and Gunson opens up on his radio set switching to the channel 4622; quickly finding a response from his way-ward Paratrooper Regiment. They happily collect the two intact RPG’s as they meet up with the group – A quick looting takes place with the Belts and shells taken from the downed tank and the MAG MG removed from its top hatch, with a collection of backpacks, AK’s, radios and belts taken from the now defeated soldiers. The paratroopers give the confirmation that they got most of the attacking group of Soviet’s, however some did escape their surrounded attack on their woodland held group.

The damage upon the ‘Ambulance’ is mostly superficial with its fuel tank gushing fuel and its structure hull cracked. The tank’s turret is now useless, however it can still drive so it is indeed driven onwards with the rest of the group, two of the four crew is dead not including Sergeant Valance and the driver. Once again the group moves out, heading west along the rail road tracks and makes good distance, with the Paratrooper Corporal sitting up in the front ¾ giving a report on the move to Gunson and Guns. The group continue along the rail road track and after meeting the Rail Road crossing the highway they continue over it for about a kilometer until coming across a site with two massive silo’s built aside the rail road to obviously be used to load some substance onto passing trains with a farm house off to its right close by and a large shed further again – This is only seen and reported through by the Abrams which is running IF on this dark, miserable raining night.

Guns disembarks and takes the Force Recon to gain a better look on the area by foot, the silo’s at first appear empty. However lights on at the farm house give away signs of life and Guns continues the approach, eventually a group of two APC’s with headlights leave the farm house heading away to the shed right and three men walk around the bottom of the Silo seemingly on patrol.

Meanwhile back at the convoy Captain Gunson enters the Abrams and attempts to reach all allied units within range on an allied frequency. His only answers are that of the Australian 2nd Battalion unit held up in the cross-roads town some two kilometers away that have been close at hand during the entire time. Sanchez moves out from his vehicle alone to attempt to cross the kilometer gape in time between him and Guns quickly evolving scene.

As Guns moves ahead of his Force Recon men he notices one of the three men turns in his direction motioning the other two. Together the men advance on his position with one man on a handset radio and he decides to bring himself up to kneeling with his gun displayed beside him in an allied sign of peace. The soldiers descend upon him and within moments search him, after a short exchange however the soldiers ram the butts of their weapons into Guns face knocking him out cold.

Bear and Duke move to Major Wiedermann and after a brief talk they move to collect the two healthy Rangers and Bear tells them to bring only what they need. The men strip down to rifles and bayonets while Bear himself drops all the gear he deems un-necessary leaving only his M203, what he can carry on his belt and combat webbing, he also makes a point of replacing his helmet and leaving it behind with his Green Beret. Within a minute the men are leading out into the night.

In the grass some forty meters behind Guns his Force Recon raise and order the soldiers to drop the Guns they were now dragging. They do, however they turn and bring their rifles up in the direction of the challenge and at this moment Sanchez fires upon the group dropping one of the soldiers, reacting a moment after the soldiers burst out their clips from their FAMAS assault rifles into the nearby open fields and grass missing the nearby men completely. Sanchez fires again his bullet missing then another sending a man down wounded, the last seeming to going prone and picking up his handset once more.

Back at the farmhouse the APC’s have swung about and men are now leaving the farmhouse armed. Gunson finally receives an answer; “Hold fire and we’ll hold fire!” In English, carrying a French accent. As Gunson relays the order to cease fire Sanchez has fired again the moment before, another bullet into the now prone soldier on the handset.

“Allow us to collect our wounded” The voice over the radio set in English continues. Out in the field Sanchez is barely missed by a silent bullet in the dark, he reports it and Captain Gunson responds; “Your men are still firing!” to the ‘French’ soldiers.

“That was just Phillip firing a warning shot, there won’t be anymore shots.” Insists the French accented voice.

The scene sits motionless, with the groups convoy still on the rail road tracks and the ‘French’ APC’s now pulled up without headlights as they seem to be gazing back, soldiers advancing very slowly on the barely a hundred meter gap to the unconscious Guns and the wounded men. While the groups Convoy sits one kilometer away over open fields with some ankle high grass patches between the two groups. From Guns his Force Recon men and Sanchez rests a mere forty meters. Outside the rain still pours down into the dark overcast night creating a miserable cold feeling that sinks into everyones bones.

Last edited by Admin on Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Typhus Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:59 am

Sanchez goes prone as soon as a shot hits the ground beside him and radio's in

"SH#T....we have a sniper, i dont know where he is, but he see's me....i didnt even hear the shot"

Sanchez stay's prone as he get's the order to cease fire still looking through his scope to try and spot his sniper 'friend' but with no luck so far, he also look's for another position so as to get eye's on his new target.

Sanchez is thinking

"this guy is good, he know's this terain he has the drop on everyone"
Typhus
Typhus

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:06 pm

blinking slowly guns looks at the blurry blades of grass in front of his face, shaking is head momentarily as he tries to clear his vision before trying to lift himself off the ground. looking slowly at a man on the ground to his left yelling somthing unrecognisable before his arms colapse beneath him and the darkness decends again
DEATH
DEATH

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next