Final Damnation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Longest Night (Act 3 - All Players)

+4
Typhus
lord_luapssor
DEATH
Admin
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Longest Night (Act 3 - All Players) Empty The Longest Night (Act 3 - All Players)

Post  Admin Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:33 pm

Surrounded by dense forest, the logging camp of 'Jawel' three kilometers south of the highway has only one dirt road access, and is at this point to the weary unit a blessing. Jawel is long-time abandoned and even the long open-walled shed that use to house the logs awaiting processing barely has any logs remaining inside of it - The workshop still has it's range of saws and tools used to slice up the logs into more portable sizes however. Despite it's close proximity to the highway the logging camp is not visible however it's disrepair is very noticeable with the walls of the small two story house and workshop showing cracks all through it as well as the 10 yard fence showing rust and in some parts almost touching the ground.

The two story house however is a quite homely, entering into a large main room used for recreation and meals, complete with tables, couches, chairs and even a wood fireplace its the best some of the men had never expected to see again. Downstairs is also a sink and bath tube, kitchen with some very old pots, pans knives and forks and a stairway leading upstairs to a very spartan bunk house - Which has kept it's ten two-story bunk beds.

Upstairs features one window out into the forest, one to the north over the large log shed and another opening out to the west over the yard. Downstairs only possess one large window opening to the yard and many other very small windows in all directions.

The unit itself has only just pulled into this area, with a few men inside already scouting through the buildings. Night has set in with force, cutting vision down to a couple of hundred meters at best, causing those leading the scouting groups to walk with flash-lights.

In the far distance a sound can barely be heard, not unlike fireworks while a night breeze lazily swishes over the trees bringing with it a almost snow-like chill. The hum of the engines of the trucks, tanks and Hum-Vee almost drown out any other sounds, although as distance from the vehicles is made someone can hear the hoot of a night owl or scratching of a creature trying to escape the abandoned lot as man comes once more.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://finaldamnation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Longest Night (Act 3 - All Players) Empty Re: The Longest Night (Act 3 - All Players)

Post  DEATH Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:17 pm

Guns pulls the humvee up infront of the house, next to one of the 5 ton trucks as the GI's pile out. steping from the humvee guns looks about slowly "Alright boys, sweep and clear these buildings and make it quick" guns shouts before looking across to Miller.
"Sorry mate, but im gunna have to ask you to grab a buddy and get back down that trail a bit, the forrest is thick, so they wont me moving armour through in a hurry... except on that road. we need to know if were going to have company" with a smile guns passes miller and radio handset.

Surveying the camp quickly guns looks towards trips as he walks past " sorry trips, i have a job for you aswell, grab that excavation gear and dig us a couple of fox holes, i can see a few good spots, but you better ask the major where he wants em first... you know how picky officers can be" he says with a smirk, before patting trips on the back and moving towards the 5 tonner carrying wounded

Banging on the side of the truck as he walks up "hey Kawalski, the men are just clearing the buildings now. when they are clear we will find somwhere snug to put your wounded" walking around the back of the truck guns frowns as he looks over the men, his eyes falling on the wound in Kawalski leg "Sh*t you boys looks like you had a hell of a fight" looking towards Kawalski with a smile "looks like they wernt spearing medics either" guns adds with a grin "Didnt they know that our medics are on there side, ey boys. nah just kidding.. the Doc's will have you back to fightin form in no time"
DEATH
DEATH

Back to top Go down

The Longest Night (Act 3 - All Players) Empty Re: The Longest Night (Act 3 - All Players)

Post  Admin Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:35 pm

It doesn't take long for Private Miller to meet up with the other healthy member of his Rangers group and chatting as they go, sling their rifles and head up the dirt road. Private Trips moves as ordered to the main cargo five ton truck, searching for tools and grabbing the assistance of a few of the boys from his 5th Infantry unit as they move off to find Major Wiedermann or Captain Gunson. Men are soon busy with one task or another, some traveling in with other NCO's - All looking relieved at the sight of their new location.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_luapssor Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:29 pm

Kawalski jumps from the back of the five ton truck that he has taken for an ambulance and walks off with a limp. Speaking to Guns"It happens when you pull the wounded under fire. That why we are crazy" Makes crazy eyes with a smile Every body is running away and we have to go in to it. chuckles. Radio to the scout team and ask to keep an eye for beds too. With a nod towards Guns He walks over to the command truck. "Sirs did the reccy team find any food? If they haven't we HAVE to make a forage team to hunt or forage food. I have four man layed out with starvation not to mention the wounded who aren't going to recover as quickly with out. If you need me I'll be setting up the Infirmary" He hobbles toward the main building where the rest of the building scouting party has assembled.
lord_luapssor
lord_luapssor

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:12 am

The reports of the upstairs bunk house soon flow in, as well as a message a trooper reads from the wall; "16 Air Assault Brigade, 4622", also a yell comes up from the workshop for a someone to come look at something they have found.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Typhus Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:09 am

Sanchez hopps out of the hummvee and moves to help Bear get out of the hummvee

"damn its getting cold"

"sir if you dont mind i might walk a perimetre see what i can see"

as Sanchez is walking around he hears someone yelling from the workshop, he quickly moves into a jog towards the workshop. as he enter's the workshop he notice's a soldier looking at something.
Typhus
Typhus

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:13 am

Inside the workshop is a scene of horrible carnage; a man had been chained to a log and sent through one of the huge circular saws, bits of the unfortunate soldier are everywhere however he was definitely a private of the 16 Air Assault Brigade identifiable by a patch from his near intact shoulder. The smell is over-powering, despite happening only recently the blood has dried onto the floor boards and on the saw as it splattered and leaked over anything close by the saw in red shower, something has also been into the body, taking its fill from the easy meal.

The only clues to the horrible incident are piles of spent ammunition cases, some small areas damaged by small explosions and blood smears on the floor and splatters on the wall section that cannot be credited to the corpse.

Some tracks lead out a open door west of the workshop towards a busted down section of fencing - The workshop itself is a maze of benches, tables and large devices offering ample amounts of cover section by section however despite the size of the workshop the rancid smell of the body can be detected even a few meters outside.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_luapssor Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:28 pm

Kawalski hobbles over to where the bloody corpse is. He looks gets down and looks over the corpse. Stand up and walks around the room looking at the saw blades and other places. Looks up and address the people who are there, "Looks over the body I'm pretty sure this man was tourted. Being an American" Points to the Badge that can be seen.I can only guess that it was Russians who did this. Looks like they beat up and then ran him threw the saw while alive. But he did give up a fight though. All the spent cases show that there was firefight here and his buddy's took off he did a last stand. Maybe one of you Spec Ops guys can track the boots or something. Not much more I can get from the body. PIty they took his gear. We could have used that too" Sighs and closes the corpses eyes and covers it up.
lord_luapssor
lord_luapssor

Back to top Go down

Post  Evilone Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:44 pm

Duke jumps from one of the trucks, quickly moving with the other men to scout the building. His rifle is strapped about his body and he advances with a silenced browning in his right hand and a combat knife in the other. As the building is reported clear, Duke makes his way back out to the truck, pausing to listen to Kawalski. He remains silent until the man is finished talking and then speaks up.

"Howdy partner. Good to see you. I hope that leg aint bothering you too much. Anyway, I be heading out. With any luck there be some fresh meat for those boys in the morning."

He offers him a nod before he starts to lighten his load, taking off his backpack and seemingly anything that makes alot of noise. The cap on his canteen comes off quickly and he swallows a minimal amount of water, careful not to spill any. Going through some storage and a box of m16a2's, he finds a different rifle, a winchester, which he picks up and admires with a broad grin. He loads some heavy looking rounds into the chamber, and tips a quick salute to Major Wiedermann as he passes.

"Major... just heading out to do some hunting, and set some traps. Be back by no later than 0200 sir."

Duke then dissapears into the night.
Evilone
Evilone

Back to top Go down

Post  Typhus Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:18 am

as Sanchez see's the carnage he quickly turn's and vomit's

"f#%k me" he say's as he wipe's the vomit from his mouth

"who in god's name does this to someone?"

Sanchez hold's his hand over his mouth as he look's around, he find's track's leading out of the workshop into the dense scrub and leave's to find the Major.

as Sanchez leaves the workshop he bumps into the Major and salutes him

"sir... if its ok with you i'd like to take one of the boy's and go see if i can track a wounded man?, there was a firefight in the workshop 1 man cut up with the wood saw, doc say's there were 2 of them the 2nd guy has managed to escape i found some tracks so with your permission i'd like to try and find him he may have some usefull information... if i can't find anything we can be back by 0400hrs"
Typhus
Typhus

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:55 am

With the headlights of the trucks and Hum-Vee pouring through the near desolate buildings and sheds some men disembark, others wait in the vehicles keeping an eye on the surrounding terrain, especially those inside the tanks. Heavy cloud cover has caused the wind to carry a sheer chill that buried through the light shirts some men are wearing, keeping everyone on edge if they had began to relax. With the cloud cover visibility drops down even further, taking it down to almost nothing especially in the buildings relying heavily on those who carry touches or light from the trucks outside.

The time now runs on nine o'clock and the life in the forest has calmed down since the arrival of the "loud noises" that had spooked them from their homes and activity from the search crews have also calmed down with most areas within the fence checked and reported as clear.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiedermann Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:30 am

Taking his eyes from the bloody mess, Weidermann says to Sanchez " Right, take one of the 2 DIV marines and see if you can find that other man. Take a 5K set with you."Shows Sanchez current frequency to use "Report in hourly for a radio check or if you find anything. Your call sign is Scope. Keep an eye out for Wades hunting party."

Addressing Captain Gunson, " Right, your parra here seems to have told us as much as he can, lets get him of the saw and get a detail for burial. We shouldn't leave this for the men to clean up."

" Rochester, organize a night watch. I want 2 men on the road at all times. And 2 men patrolling the yard at all times. The men at the road are to have a 5K set, and men in the yard are to check in on them as they do thier rounds. Anyone not on burial, hunting or tracking should go and do a night routine. Clean weapons and maintain vehicles, eat and sleep. Rations available from the 50th supplies."

Weidermann calls to Sergeant Wade as he prepares to go hunting, " Make sure you take a 25 set. You are call sign Hammer. These are the new freqs, keep an eye out for Sanchez, he's tracking a wounded man out there."

Weiderman then sets about the grizzly task of putting the paratrooper remains in a tarp with Gunson.
Wiedermann
Wiedermann

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:48 pm

Radios in on the standard NATO frequency across the grounds all seem to receive the same message all at the same time in perfect English;

"Men of the Allied Armies, this is Polkovnik Stevarko and your war is over. Your countries have surrendered, fighting is now futile and you only causing yourselves unnecessary suffering. America, Britain and all countries are now under our control and we have dissolved your governments. Turn yourselves over, Comrades and we will adhere to the Geneva Convention, you will not be harmed. I repeat, America is NO MORE! Your army is NO MORE! Surrender yourselves, the war is OVER! You have NO MORE REASON TO FIGHT!-"

Another voice cuts in, transmitting from a different receiver.

"Yeah bloody right! We got your war right here Stevarko! It ain't over till you kill everyone of us Aussies!"

The transmission cuts off and Polkovnik Stevarko's message seems to be repating over the frequency. The night begins to roll through at a casual pace, with the chill building and the early morning bringing with it a heavy rain, soaking through the ground and bringing any area unprotected by forest to mud, miserable now cold weather follows it just hours before dawn and into the next day.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_luapssor Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:32 pm

Kawalski stand up from the corpse and takes a few steps back and shakes his head as Sanchez runs out. Turns to face Wiedermann. "Sir I think Marine wants to use is rifle more then his brain, that's Jarheads for ya gives a slight chuckle "Sir these tracks are old and there were more then just 2 men here. Look at the shell casings. At a guess there are a Thousand of them around. This happened days ago, the blood is dry and riggor has set in well and truly. I don't know where he gothe idea of a wounded man. I said that there was a battle here and our friend here was tourtered. There isn't much more I can tell you, apart from that attackers could have been Russian and that there might be more American soldiers out there since it looked as though our fellow soldier here made a last stand. If you will excuse me I must attend the living" With a slight nod to the Officer's he walks out the shed.

Last edited by lord_luapssor on Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:18 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : HAD TO CHANGE SINCE SCOTT DIDN'T POST TILL AFTER IT.)
lord_luapssor
lord_luapssor

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:06 pm

As he walks toward the mechine shed guns hears the radio message, from Stevarko and lets out a samll laugh "f*cking propaganda" he says as the radio crackles again with another voice
"Yeah bloody right! We got your war right here Stevarko! It ain't over till you kill everyone of us Aussies!"
guns quickly looks around, his mouth forming into a sly smile as he runs towards the humvee. slamming into the side of the vehicle at full speed guns reaches into the cabbin and grabs the handset. flicking the radio to broadcast on all frequency's
"DROPBEAR says Aussie, aussIe, auSsie" guns says presisly before listening intently for a reply
DEATH
DEATH

Back to top Go down

Post  whitescar Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:17 am

Bears swears audibly under his breath as he hears the Russian radio com chatter saying the war is over, and stops his inspection of the town. He yells:
"No one touch there f@#$%ing radio set. Tha' Russians are fishin'. They know we are out 'ere somewhere, they just don't know where! Don't let 'em know we are anywere in rangeof this fricken radio. Anyone touch 'dere set, I'll f@#$%in' shoot ya myself!". He moves quickly towards major wiederman, hearing the Aussie reply as he does, swearing as he hears the Aussie chatter begin. "That better not be f@#$in' Guns for f#$%s sake!"

Last edited by whitescar on Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:50 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : HAD TO TRY AND RE-SYNC IT DUE TO PAUL ADDING TO AN EARLIER POST)
whitescar
whitescar

Back to top Go down

Post  Typhus Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:58 am

after being out there for a few hours Sanhez relise's that he cant follow the track's anymore and say's to the soldiers with him

"i can't track these anymore..ive lost 'em we might as well head back to camp boy's"

Sanchez turn's to the men with him and tell's them

"spread out i want a 5 metre line but keep it tight, and keep an eye out for anything we may have missed on the way in here"

the Sergeant radio's in before heading back

"base camp this is scope, reporting in on the track's...there's no sign of anyone out here it may have not been a wounded man like i first thought...were heading back unless you need us out here for something else...'ova'
Typhus
Typhus

Back to top Go down

Post  Anon Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:36 am

Captain Gunson motions a passing GI.

"Grab a mucker and a couple of shovels, you're on burial detail. Keep it quiet though eh, we don't want to advertise it to everyone. I'll be along shortly, I need to find myself a smock and a doc in that order."

Gunson trots off to the nearest supply area to dig himself out a new, non-bloodied smock.
Anon
Anon

http://www.twitter.com/theinnerpaul

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_luapssor Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:18 am

Walks around all the trucks are parked. He finds Bear walking slowly in pain. "Shit there you are! Hold up." Looks around and calls out for couple soldiers Hey get over here! Help him up to the Infirmary

The Soldiers and Kawalski get Bear up in to the Infirmary. "Just put him on the bed. Thanks guys" Puts an a set of gloves and grabs his Trauma Shears and cuts off Bear's shirt. "I'm not trying to have my way with you, sorry your just not pretty enough" Tries to lighten the mood in a failed attempt at humor. Removes Bear's/color] shirt. Looks over the wounds [color=blue]"Your a lucky boy. Your vest stopped most of the damage on your gut, any deeper and would have been very bad. And your shoulder, half an inch higher and you wouldn't be here, there is a nice artery that runs along the collar bone. Lets look at your legs" Begins to cut off the pants. Ok not to bad here. I'm going to patch you and then you are to have bed rest for at least 2 days. Minimum activity at the most. So no running around the forest or heavy lifting etc... Grabs his Kit and sets to work dressing his wounds with aid of Butcher.
lord_luapssor
lord_luapssor

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiedermann Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:34 am

Weidermann seeks out Sgt Jones and speaks quietly to him, " I understand that Bear has a grievance with you Guns. I have't heard the full details but I understand there shall be no further question of a member of this unit wishing to leave a fire fight early. Right, lets go see bear and bury this hatchet."

Weidermann and Jones turn and walk to where Bear is resting. " Take a seat." Weidermann says as he pulls one up for himself.

" Ok gentlemen, you are amoungst the most snr and experienced soldiers here, not only that you are the eyes and ears of this outfit. We seem to be running blind and deaf at the moment. Just remember, quite close by are several thousand men looking to kill us. I want you to sart looking outside this unit for enemies, not inside it. I'm going to leave now, when I see you two again I want you to be a part of a functioning recon team. If you cant sort your differences, i'll have to do it for you. And frankly we do not have time for that. We need every rifle we have pointing outwards."

As Weidermann stands to exit the room he turns and looks back at the men, " See you soon fellas." and with that he walks out of the room.
Wiedermann
Wiedermann

Back to top Go down

Post  Anon Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:15 am

Captain Gunson finds a heavily creased combat jacket laying disused amongst the trucks.

"Ah crap, guess this will have to do then."

Removing his bloodstained and damaged smock he finally gets a look at the battle wound suffered during his last battle. Ha! It's barely even a flesh wound. What sort of bullets are these guys carrying?, prodding his scratch he small stab of pain shoots through his chest. Well guess I better get the doc to clean it up, infection is the last thing we need.

Donning his new combat jacket he moves off toward the infirmary.
Anon
Anon

http://www.twitter.com/theinnerpaul

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:48 am

looking towards wiederman and frowning slightly before looking towards bear and offering him his hand
"I wasnt trying to cut out on you mate, i just dissagreed with your actions. we were there for recon.. we didnt have the gear or troops to make a stand. and frankly those three T-72's were more than we could hope to handle" frank looks to his feet for a second before looking bear in the eyes. " its been a hell of a few years mate, and i dont plan on dieing out here. i have your back but im not going to follow blindly.. i guess ive been used to runnin my team. gettin told what to do in the field is new to me"
DEATH
DEATH

Back to top Go down

Post  whitescar Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:44 am

Atkins stares evenly at Guns, a steely glint in his eyes, obviously thinking hard on his next words.

"Frankly I do not care for your thoughts on misinterpreting orders Guns. Orders were issued. Orders that were required to be followed. You say you were used to issuing orders and not having to follow? A staff sergeant still follows orders in any mans army, passing them onto their men. A decision to misinterpret orders or follow ones own agenda can lead to a lot of men dying. Yes, our primary mission was recon. But the situation at hand proved to a prime time to change our mission to suit, at the mission commanders discretion! We were never in any danger of revealing ourselves to the extent of being recognised as a separate unit and we were able to extract several fellow allied soldiers. Soldiers who are here with us now willing to give their lives to defend us if need be. i don't know what sort of army you 'ave grown up in .. but if you are gonna take my back I know for sure that I be wantin' to know you aren't gonna bug out on me 'cause you feel that it isn't right, happily leaving friends and fellow allied soldiers in the field to die! For godds sake its not like we are inundated with men over 'ere right now. We are fightin' a losin' war with our tails up. "
Bear pauses a moment, obviously caught up in his words.
"I had no intention of dying in there, or lettin' the rest of the unit fall. I 'ad no intention of tryin' to tackle those damn tanks either .. tanks that we know are there now that we otherwise would of 'ad no clue about. There is no way in hell I will leave a man behind if I 'ave a chance to save them, or least give 'em a fightin' chance. i expect the same from any man I serve wid. If my decision to perform this task is not suitable to the major, then so be it, he can strip me o' mah rank or whateva' he wishes, but i'll be dead in mah grave 'fore I'll abandon a fellow allied man or woman when I kin save their arse."
He looks down at the proferred hand of Guns.
"If ye wish me to take that , you best consider mah words and let me know if ya' can stand by me, if ya can't, then don't stand beside me in tha' field, i'd rather 'ave someone who I know will have mah back, cause any man who stands by me knows for sure I 'ave his."

"I got no beef wid ya personally, I just can't afford to 'ave ya at my back if ya gonna run out on me or decide to not follow an order when I need ya. it ain't much tah ask for."
whitescar
whitescar

Back to top Go down

Post  Typhus Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:38 am

as night is falling Sanhez and his men make their way back to camp

"looks like rain boys we better hoof it back before it rains"

Sanhcez and his men return about 35 minutes later. As Sanhez and the boys return to camp Sanhez turns and say's to his men

"go get a hot meal if you can we might be needed to go out again so be ready"

Sanchez reports to the Major, salutes his superior and say's to him

"sir we lost the track's out there, it gets real thick about 100 metre's in, if the russian's know where we are they could they could attack us from there it wouldnt be to good for us, i can post my men along that fence if needed sir,.. they can take the first shift from now till 0200hrs"
Typhus
Typhus

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:54 pm

guns looks at the hand he hand offered bear and shakes his head before withdrawing it slowly.
"i dont know what ya problem is, you asked for covering fire and ya got it, how much did ya want.. we did have limited ammo. after that you were out of contact with us so i made the call to bug out. we were exposed and had given up our position" guns frowns for a second before moving towards the door, stopping as he reaches the threshold before looking back at bear
"the major told us to settle this, so i came to ya hat in hand and even that wasnt good enough for ya, who's not followin orders now" guns says before leaving the room
DEATH
DEATH

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next