Final Damnation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bluff's of Lowicz (Act 1 - All players)

+4
Anon
Caladan
DEATH
Admin
8 posters

Go down

The Bluff's of Lowicz (Act 1 - All players) Empty The Bluff's of Lowicz (Act 1 - All players)

Post  Admin Sun May 31, 2009 12:59 pm

It has been two days since the withdraw from Lowicz to the surrounding forest - On the afternoon of the second you find yourself gathered in Major Wiebermann's tent. The Major had been here for less then two days and had already established for himself a running water shower and table, anyone would think he was he was aiming on building a cottage and settling down!

In attendence is every man within the rag-tag unit of rank from Corporal all the way to the top - and at the moment the top would seem to be Major Wiedermann only because all of the american GI's and support staff belong to his original platoon. Sergeant Dyke from the US Rangers had a report he began the unofficial meeting with;

"Gentlemen, our recon boys have just returned from Lowicz and seem to think that the Russians are aware of our presence in the neighbourhood. Local folk must have said something."

The summer's light has been a grace, keeping the cold that would normally be causing everyone to be freezing in these forested hills away yet the plentiful shade keeps the heat mild.

"So, what are we going to do?"

Last edited by Admin on Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:50 pm; edited 4 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://finaldamnation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Bluff's of Lowicz (Act 1 - All players) Empty Re: The Bluff's of Lowicz (Act 1 - All players)

Post  DEATH Sun May 31, 2009 1:20 pm

with a small smirk, frank steps up to the table and peers at the map, shaking his head. before looking aroud the room at the men gathered there. his fatigues covered in dust and dirt and a scragly beard growing on his face
"What the fu*k are we talking about it then for, if they roll in here we cant stop them, we might have a good crack at putting down a recon element. but against somthing heavy our LAW's are about as usless as tits on a bull" he says in a scratchy voice
DEATH
DEATH

Back to top Go down

The Bluff's of Lowicz (Act 1 - All players) Empty Re: The Bluff's of Lowicz (Act 1 - All players)

Post  Caladan Sun May 31, 2009 1:39 pm

Corporal Jason Rottchester is quite possibly one of the least significant men in this tent. The red beret perched on his head is the only part of his uniform not as dusty as the rest of the troops, great care has obviously been taken to make sure the beret stays red, and the badge on it stays gold.

Jason folds his arms as Frank speaks, nodding slowly, "Hate to admit it chaps, but it's likely we'll have some sort of company soon enough if we don't move out. Skippy here is right." The last comment added with a jerk of his head towards Frank, and a small smirk of his own. "Don't ask me where to move out to though...our convoy was on the way here. I imagine most everything behind us is rubble." His gaze drifts back to the map as his voice trails off.

Caladan

Back to top Go down

Post  Anon Sun May 31, 2009 2:49 pm

At first glance Captain Jacob Gunson appears nothing more than a waif of an officer who happened upon a red beret during some random career twist in his life. His cleanly shaved face and immaculate uniform seems to belie the ongoing struggle that's pressing down on the band from outside the tent.
As he maneuvers toward the table, you can see the glimmer in his eye that insinuates he is appraising more than just one angle in this situation.

He places both hands on the table and in a soft almost song-like voice Jacob announces...

'We need to move sharply'. Jacobs' lilting British accent surrenders a childhood of a more stately upbringing 'If the locals are undermining our position we don't have a choice.'

Jacob turns to the Major

'My advice Major, is that we move swift. We prepare the men to move out within a few hours. If we remain, we could have a whole Regiment a Russian bastards down on us faster than shit from a shovel.' He spat the last with an vehemence that seemed wholly inappropriate from the finely groomed officer.
Moving off toward the side of the tent, Jacob removed his sidearm and began to polish it with an oilcloth rag from his smock pocket. 'That's just my assertation of course'.
Anon
Anon

http://www.twitter.com/theinnerpaul

Back to top Go down

Post  whitescar Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:14 am

A cold draft weaves its way into the tent momentarily chilling those inside, many a head turns to see a large man brush his way inside the tent flap with a nod and a grunt to the guards at the entrance. His fatigues are dusty and stained, many twigs and pieces of grass still clinging to them, his face still heavily painted in camouflage markings. He removes his Kevlar helm and tosses it to the ground, dragging a Green Beret from his pocket and pulls it onto his headadjusting it so it sits slanted.
He casually removes his pack and drops it against the side of the tent next to his helmet, transferring a half eaten bowl of some nameless stew to his other hand, before standing and sending his alert gaze roaming the room quickly to take stock on the situation. The man is large and heavyset, muscular but not overweight and standing around 6 feet 2 inches.

He resumes eating his food and lopes towards the table, his eyes attention fixed on Major Wiebermann. As he nears the table, he wolfs down a last spoonful of stew, chewing it quickly and placing the bowl at his feet, wiping his mouth with a casual swipe of his sleeve. He finishes with a quick smooth down of his fatigues, before coming to attention, and with a slight cough, salutes the Major and in a deep gravelly voice ..

“Major Wiebermann, Sah! Sergn’t Bear reportin in from Recon patrol. ‘Ave some urgent news of tha’ situation in Lowitz sah!”

With that he awaits acknowledgment of the Major ..

Once the Major nods for him to continue, he pauses a moment to collect his thoughts.

Standing at ease, legs wide apart, arms behind his back he speaks clearly & confidently.

“Sah! Those potato r#$%#$% been doin public executions of tha’ locals! They lined em up in tha’ square on their knees, and bayoneted them from behind. Those sick f@#$%^$ don’t seem to think none bout the rules o’ war.”

As he finishes saying this, he clenches his jaw tightly, his jaw muscle twitching. He is obviously disturbed with these events. A moment passes, he shakes his head slowly before continuing.

“ I got in close as I could sah, could almost taste the stink off their arses. Left them udder recon girlies behind fer sure. They messed dem civies up pretty bad like ... wasn’t pretty.”

“Twas a dozen or more T-72’s parked in the centre too with from what I could see 8 jeeps and 6 APC’s
“Now mah russkie aint too good, but they kept on referin to sumfin like [b]‘Охотник за головами’
[/u]” [Note: - treat this as though it has been spoken as it was spoken in Russian – basically sounding it out as it was spoken].

“Seems like they were referring to a group o’ Russian soldiers, the normal lookin’ ones kept pointin at a couple o other ones a tad further away.. I couldn’t get close enough to get a close look over on ‘em tho. They seemed well armed tho and they ‘ad remarkable Red Star shoulder bands. Some Russkie big wig was addressin’ em and they seemed pretty alert like hehe ... well enough to keep me sniffin bout der heals dis time.”

“As quiet as I got in, I left... not a twig outta place and hightailed it back ‘ere. Duke is still out there, with luck ‘e might be able to tidy up mah intel a tad.”

With that he offers another quick salute and studies the board intently as he waits.

Last edited by whitescar on Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:35 pm; edited 4 times in total
whitescar
whitescar

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:18 pm

Upon hearing the state of warfare the Major frowns darkly, upon listening to the details of the Green Beret's report he gives the man a respectful nod with a motion to the map displayed on the canvas mock-up table infront of him.

"Thank you, Sergeant."

After a effective, deliberate pause he looks to the Red Beret officer.

"Captain Gunsun here is to be treated as if recieving orders from myself - Give him full rights and all respect due to a officer of the Allied Armies and NATO forces. That said, this is what I want done - I want to put ambush in on Lowicz to Strykow Rd, south of cross roads."

Taking his bayonet to point at the rough map infront of him he continues to speak while pointing out points on the map.

"We'll use two command detonated charges - First charge to block road, second charge to block retreat. Both MG to fire interlocked into killing ground of ambush. ambush is the target, soft skin vehicles. Max one light armour target."

He looks over the assembled men, one at a time making eye contact with each to ensure their attention.

"Purpose being to slow twenty-fifth MRD and gain supplies and loot. I then want to withdraw to Strykow and bargin for fuel from locals. Failing that, Lodz to the south will be the next place to try for supplies. Eyes and ears out for 25 MRD movement. Gentlemen, let's get it done, I need volenteers."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:44 pm

After nodding thoughtfully for a second as the yanks confer, he removes his cap and runs his right hand through his hair slowly before pulling the cap down firmly.
“Well I’m up for it” he says nonchalantly as he studies the map, rubbing his eyes for a moment as if to clear his vision “blowing the road will slow them down a bit, but they can just move around it and patch the road later. We might slow them for an hour or two at best as they push on Strykow.” Jabbing his index finger down on the map to mark its location

“And I hope that is all we need to get supplies and move on, but if we blow the rail crossing on the road” sliding his finger along the adjoining road to about 10Km southwest of Lowicz

“We can slow their entire advance. Not only will it give us some more breathing room before they bring fresh troops up, but it might give other allied forces a chance to fall back as well” with a smile he steps back from the map and looks around scratching his chin for a second.

“If we let their assault forces pass and hit their supply trucks, we can, not only slow their advance on Strykow and Lodz, as they pull back to shore up their supply lines, but we can make them worried. They will leave troops to guard convoys which take men off their line, a line that we need to slip though might i add, so the weaker the better, but I’m just a staff so take it as you want” looking back and forth between the men present for a second, his eyes hanging longer on the officers, especially major weidermann and giving a shake of his head before shrugging his shoulders slightly.

Stepping away from the map and moving towards the back of the tent he lays his right hand down on Captain Gunson’s shoulder lightly, giving him a slight nudge towards the table as he moves by before looking at Sergeant Atikins and smiling “you got any more of that laying about” he says as he nods towards the bowl at his feet.
DEATH
DEATH

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_luapssor Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:50 pm

A flash of the outside comes though the open as a solider enters. Stuffing his leg pockets with what looks like latex gloves and even a Stethoscope. This solider who is of medium height and in full combat fatigues, with only one thing out of place. A blue pair of trauma shears sticking out from his pocket.

Looking toward Sgt. Jones, says in a Mid-western American accent. "I don't think you will find much of that stew you are after." in a mock Australian accent "Mate" and smiles.

'Sorry I'm late but I just looked a couple of men who were complain of weakness and dizzy spells." Takes out a blood pressure cuff from a pocket and folds it and places it in the same pocket as the stethoscope.

"We need food and we need it now! Otherwise me and that butcher of a medic will be busy with malnutrition rather then bullet wounds then what we are used too. I'm not sure how much food we have left but the hunting and foraging we are doing isn't enough to get us all well feed and in fighting order."

Steps over to the map looks at it and takes a couple of steps back saying "Remember Sir, An army marches on it's stomach."
lord_luapssor
lord_luapssor

Back to top Go down

Post  whitescar Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:08 pm

With half a grin at 'Guns' he reaches down and grabs the bowl at his feet, a couple of inches of thick unnamable stew sticking soldily in the bottom of the bowl. He hands it towards the man.

"All yours skippy, 'ole Doc there be right tho, our food s'plies are shot to tha' s$%#house. Nicked that from some Locals table on tha' way ere ... not sure whats in it tho .. could be rat 'er sumfin... but hey " with a broad grin and a wink "All tastes like chicken right?"

Turning back to the table, he studies the map momentarily once more.

"They seemed to be pretty well armed up like, Tha' tanks n such were well marked with road dust, so be guessin we need tah move pretty quick like. I jus' wanna stitch em up good, make 'em pay for what they dids to tha' locals in there."

"Point me where ya need, tell me who ya want dead and consider it done, but I'll add tha' boys got an idea ... we need tah slow there advance any way we can, cause if they get a sniff o' us, hells comin tah town and they seemed pretty well geared and supplied ... their larder was stuffed tighter 'n batmans underpants so we may be able tah satisfy Docs gut if we can nick their s'plies"

With that he heads to the tent entrance and gathers his gear.

Last edited by whitescar on Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
whitescar
whitescar

Back to top Go down

Post  Anon Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:39 am

As Guns moved past, the Captain mutters under his breath..

'Ah Guns you dirty bastard..' Jacob begins to brush off the fresh layer of dust from his overly neat uniform.. 'Staff Sergeant Jones, would you spare a thought for those in your path next time you run for the nearest bowl! Mockingly he continues Perhaps you should consider taking a shower? We may be in a war but no need for your personal hygiene to subside.'[/i] He gives a brief wink to the Staff Sergeant.

Gunson looks momentarily at the small gathering around him and with a smile and nod of his head, moves on.

'The Major has an idea here. I'm itching to get into battle as I'm sure most of you gathered here are. The sooner we get to cull some of those.. uhm.. 'Potato Rooters' as Sergeant Atkins so colourfully put it, the better. What's more we need the supplies, and moreso, the food.' He looks admonishingly at Guns 'I don't entertain the idea of being in the line of sight to anyone else's lunch bowl'.

Gunson looks off into nowhere absently scratching his shaved chin..

'Right, here's how I want it to play. Staff Jones, I want you to gather the soldiers we require for this ambush. Ensure they have the equipment required at their disposal. I'd like you to liaise with Sergeant Atkins who will be in charge of rounding up the ammunition necessary. Bear, do you mind? Could you ensure that someone has the det charges, I don't want to get out there only to have nothing to blow the objective with! Jacob turns toward Cpl Rottchester 'Corporal, can you please try to rustle up some food for the guys on ambush. I don't want the mens rumbling stomachs to give us all away. I know there isn't much floating about but do what you can. Aaaannnd Staff Kawalski, ensure the men we are using are able for the task, the last thing we want is soldiers passing out on the battlefield'.

The Captain looks down at his watch.. 'Everyone back here in thrity minutes sharp for Battle Orders. Those with designated tasks, I want a brief report in 20 minutes.' Jacob turns and nods toward the Major awaiting his approval.
Anon
Anon

http://www.twitter.com/theinnerpaul

Back to top Go down

Post  Caladan Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:06 am

Jason taps a hand to his beret as the Captain doles out orders, it's not really a salute, but it's close enough to one. "Righto Sir, I'll see what I can do." With that he turns and ducks carefully out of the tent, bringing his rifle around to the front as he moves away, muttering quietly, "Bloody cooks assistant now am I, rustle up some food...right." He snorts and jogs off towards the small body of men in the center of the makeshift camp. He might not like the job, but he might as well get it done.

Caladan

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:20 am

“Sorry sir, ran out of bubble bath, and it’s just not the same without it” frank says jovially towards Captain Gunson adding a cheeky wink as he swallows down a spoonful of stew. Looking back towards sergeant atkins and nodding appreciatively as he wolfs down the remnants in the bowl before placing it on the table.

Looking across the room towards sergeant Dyke and waving him over “were gunna need your ranger boys on this one, make sure they are kitted out and ready to move ASAP” and with a nod, shifts his gaze towards sergeant sanchez “can you use that thing” pointing at the M21 strapped across his back “ahh doesn’t matter, siesta times over your in this sh*t too” frank says quickly cutting of any reply

Looking back towards Atkins, frank frowns slightly “we don’t have much to work with here but its going to have to do, we will need whatever AT weapons we can scrounge up, along with those two 60’s I saw out there. Well and the demo charges” his eyes falling on a group of GI’s sitting under a tree outside “what do you think?” he says casually as he motions towards the GI’s “think any of them have enough fight left to crew a 60 for us?”
DEATH
DEATH

Back to top Go down

Post  Typhus Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:16 am

Chavez enters the tent with my sniper rifle over my right shoulder wearing my camo gear/face paint, my gear on my back...he salutes the Major as i walk in waiting for the Major to acknowledge him.

"Major, i spotted 2 russian patrols entering the forest about 10 clicks north"

Chavez moves towards the map and points to the map at there last known location.

"i counted roughly 10 to 15 men in each patrol all well armed they seemed to be looking for something, i did notice that a few of them were carrying heavy weapons and from what i could translate they were bragging about some crazy bastards executed some civi's in front of the locals, trying to scare them into giving info about a group of " misfits " held up in the forest...the patrols were moving fairly organized"

Last edited by Typhus on Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Typhus
Typhus

Back to top Go down

Post  Evilone Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:08 pm

As Corporal Jason jogs off from the tent, a voice, low in pitch, resonates from outside.

"Oi meat head. Want a skirt to go with that apron? Calm down partner. I got you some golden chups from the fields, I know you poms love em so much. Dish em out to the boys that need em."

After the quick exchange of words, the tent flap opens wide, and in steps a battle scarred man decked out in full camo, including his m16a2, and war painted face. His brown beard is neatly trimmed, and his longish hair is supported by a green bandana. The most notable feature the man has is a black eye patch covering his right eye. He looks at nearly his forties and stands at about 6 foot. For those who know him, it is the Green Beret, the cowboy John Wade, or as most just call him, the Duke.

John offers a nod to those gathered and steps to the side, keeping quiet, as the men go about their discussion. He leans his rifle against the tent as he grabs his canteen and a small white container from his combat webbing. With a quick twist the lids of both items are opened. After dipping two fingers inside the white container John reveals small flakes which he drops into the canteen. After a quick smile to himself, the lids are closed and the containers return to his body.

As Major Wiedermann dishes orders to Guns and Bear, John perks up and flashes a grin.

"If ye got the space, count me in for a rec-y run".
Evilone
Evilone

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_luapssor Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:13 pm

With his arms crossed. "I'll get right on that sir. But I'll need get about 4 kilos of food. Got Seven laid out, that food should get them fighting fit. Well for next encounter anyway. Need to get some boys on foraging food too. There is a river close by should be able to get some fish. Just not sure how to cook it. Engine block fish anybody?" Chuckles to himself. "Also I would like to get a complete inventory of all our current food stores. I want to work out the rationing. I better get back to the men." Turns walks out the tent flap while grabbing a pair of gloves out of his pocket.
lord_luapssor
lord_luapssor

Back to top Go down

Post  Typhus Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:58 am

as Sergeant Chavez stands near the General waiting for orders he is eating a mug of what looks to be soup he makes a comment on his meal

"roadkill is gettin a bit better these days, a bit of salt n pepper would'nt go astray"

he turns his head to the Major and say's

"Sir...if you dont mind i'd like to join the recon boys"

as he scoffs down what might be his last hot meal for days. Chavez looks over to the doc as he walks out and say's to him

"hey doc...i got enough ration to do till tomorrow, i dont mind not getting any more, gotta let some of these rookies eat, besides, if we can pull this ambush off, maybe we'll get some more off these dead russian bastards"

he chuckles to himself as the doc walks out of the tent

"bloody d%*@ heads these russians"

the Sergeant say's out loud
Typhus
Typhus

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:07 am

Listening to Major Wiedermann for a moment before turning towards Duke and Bear.
“ok so we have the humvee as out ride, trips will scout the road and we need somone to work the M60 to cover our withdrawal, Chavez can supply overwatch, and us Three can guard trips while hes on the road” guns says quickly before looking around and addressing everyone present “we still have an empty seat, so unless I have missed something we need someone else to tag along, anyone interested?”
DEATH
DEATH

Back to top Go down

Post  whitescar Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:47 am

Bear grins broadly at Duke chuckling slightly.
"Ya finally decided ta' drag ya' arse outta whateva whorehouse ya found? Heh, mind you ya did pick a good time to show up."
He offers one last shake of his head in Dukes direction before turning back to the major and absently drawing one of his knives.
"Ok so ya want some eyes on the place hey? I tell ya I aint fraid tah get down n dirty, and be pretty certain we can get some good ambush spots for ya."
He pauses a moment scratching lightly at his chin with his knife blade in thought.
" Ok, we need about 3 hours to get what ya need"adding with a grin"and that Humvee out there. Forming a team will be easy. We will be on the road in 10. Trips is obvious, Guns, Chavvy, me n' Duke and Miller. We'll travel light n quick, be in n' out fore ya'all change yer cottons."
With a quick salute to the Major and captain, he flips his knife and catches it again, sheathing it before turning quickly.
Guns, Chavvy, Duke. Grab ya gear and whateva ya need n' meet back at the Humvee in 10. make sure ya bring dat cannon wid ya Chavvy, u gotta be our angel from afar n' keep those Russkies of our arse." With barely a pause he turns his eyes to Guns:"Stow that 60 for now Guns, we ain't got the time to ge it mounted, 'sides if it gets to tha' point we need that, their boot will be that far up our arse that a 60 won't pry it out."
He looks around the gathered troops:"We need tah get in there quick n quiet and get the fuck out again. Lets do it peeps. Get back 'ere in 10."
He nods once and steps outside the tent, his raised voice easy to follow.
"Yo Peters, get yer sorry ranger carcase offa that bench. Go find Miller n' Trips and get em to get what they need for a reccy into tha russkies back yard.Tell 'em back here in 10! Then get back ere and get half a tank o gas in that beast. We needs tah run light as we can ..... and clean that damn windshield"
The rest of what is said is lost as he head to where his gear is stowed muttering to himself all the way.
whitescar
whitescar

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:24 pm

With a formal air much different to that of when the meeting had begun, all those present suddenly moved with much more purpose turning to leave the tent to carry out the tasks and orders issued and given. Those not able to accomplish the tasks on their own quickly turn to bring their orders down the chain to nearby privates and within moments the camp breaks into motion with tents beginning to be brought down and packed, final preparations taken on vehicles intending to carry men, boxes being sealed and tied down.

With a warning from Grease to "Take it easy on her", those on the recon mission find themselves out on the rough off-road tracks far before many of these actions taken place.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down