Final Damnation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight OOC

4 posters

Go down

Twilight OOC Empty Twilight OOC

Post  whitescar Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:57 am

Feeling a tad lost to start this - some blanks here - the 'local' lads I am assuming have obviously talked so have a little more of a feel for the basic direction this is taking. But I have some obvious questions:

Do we each know the other?? Have we operated together or just staggered into town at different times?
Same Squad? or how is the squad structure setup? Ranks? I saw a mention of NPC's to command etc? I would honestly prefer to not have any NPC squad attached to myself at all - wanting to do some heavy RP Smile

Basically I need more info before I am comfortable with trying to play this roll - all I see so far are some numbers on a page and a basic description of my Character - and is there a link for the rules anywhere or have a digital copy to share? just want to glance at how the stats and skills will affect my gameplay Smile thanks
whitescar
whitescar

Back to top Go down

Twilight OOC Empty Re: Twilight OOC

Post  Lodis85 Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:06 am

Your squad, from the NPC section. I'm sure Stu would be willing to transfer it to someone else?

Mostly i have no clue, just making stuff up as i go

Baker Squad

Post Admin on Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:36 pm
CO - Engelbert Schrader
(Allied Forces - Combined Countries) x6
Phillips
Ace
Tomás
Finbarr
Veronica
Renato

Lodis85

Back to top Go down

Post  whitescar Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:49 pm

haha

cheers. Note to self - click the actual header and there is more info .... funny this intrawebs thing ;/
whitescar
whitescar

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:03 pm

whitescar wrote:Do we each know the other?? Have we operated together or just staggered into town at different times?
We have been together for a while. and fought together as a unit for a while. about a month or so as we have formed mixed units to stay combat effective as we have pulled back

whitescar wrote:Same Squad? or how is the squad structure setup? Ranks? I saw a mention of NPC's to command etc? I would honestly prefer to not have any NPC squad attached to myself at all - wanting to do some heavy RP Smile
we are the same unit. but people with rank have been put in charge of some NPC's. though i have overall command of the unit. and we kinda need the NPC's for the extra firepower/targets.

whitescar wrote:Basically I need more info before I am comfortable with trying to play this roll - all I see so far are some numbers on a page and a basic description of my Character - and is there a link for the rules anywhere or have a digital copy to share? just want to glance at how the stats and skills will affect my gameplay :)thanks
As i have been told by Stuart your role-play and how well you describe your actions while carrying out whatever it is you happen to be doing will give bonuses to your skill checks. so obviously a higher number in your skill is better to start with, but if you role-play it well you will have a better chance. which will really reward deep role-play.
there is also some form of "moral" system in place so interacting well with your NPC's will give them bonuses at the squad level. but their is also a larger unit cohesion as well that can give bonus across the board.
so NPC's wont blindly follow suicidal orders, but if they "trust" you they may do very risky things for you. but saying that the NPC's are quite a valuable resource and so shouldn't be thrown away wastefully.

If i've gotten anything wrong in that Stuart can clear it up. but that's the rough of it from my knowledge
DEATH
DEATH

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:07 pm

Yeah sorry, Dan leant me Last Of Us yesty and I been trying to polish it off in a day lol. Grant dropped basically all the info, the rules are gonna be relaxed slightly in favor of good RP, I am also gonna post up skill descriptions tomorrow which should help a bunch.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://finaldamnation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  whitescar Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:32 pm

As I said im not after the technical side of the skills - more the opposite - all I need to know is how certain skills affect the ability - so I can roleplay accordingly - ie low mechanical there's no way I will RP having a knowledge of it etc - I don't enjoy cookie cutter characters - I prefer to Play something different and play to its 'skills and talents' with the mix of the 'character style and emotions'

Just hard to when we are using a newer ruleset that I have not seen before so have a very poor understanding of the mechanics. I can basically garner what I need to know - but as you guys have seen before - I build the character I am playing - have a couple of A4 notes on the background, moods, style and emotions, goals etc for my toon already

Im sure Stu will understand what I mean, even if others do not.
whitescar
whitescar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down