Final Damnation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Longest Night (Act 3 - Sanchez, Guns, Bear, Gunson)

+2
whitescar
Admin
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Longest Night (Act 3 - Sanchez, Guns, Bear, Gunson) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Longest Night (Act 3 - Sanchez, Guns, Bear, Gunson)

Post  whitescar Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:00 am

Bear tries to stand straight as he watches Sanchez turn his back on Guns, his brows knitting together in a glower. " Sanchez! Soldier! Get yer young pups arse back 'ere!" He waits a moment until the soldier turns. "There aint enough of us bastards left alive tah scratch our proverbial arses with and we all gonna 'ave to do shit we dont wanna do .. but face it, we gonna 'ave tah suck it up n' do it. Rank is rank at the moment, lets do this shit and leave no room for error. We can work out this other shit when we all get outta this sheet'ole. Pretty sure u 'ave your orders soldier. If not .. well ..". Bear shrugs once, still glowering darkly and turns to Galen and Dickens. "Ill need hand to 'obble along, but looks like we gonna 'ave to drag up the rear , since we short 'anded."

Bear turns painfully towards the rear of the group, unshouldering his M16A2 slowly, popping the mag and checking it before slamming it home and recocking it, and heading towards the rear of the group, limping heavily with the assistance of Galen. "Dickens, head up and see Gunson. let 'im know i'll be draggin' up tha' rear, then get back n' give us a hand."
whitescar
whitescar

Back to top Go down

The Longest Night (Act 3 - Sanchez, Guns, Bear, Gunson) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Longest Night (Act 3 - Sanchez, Guns, Bear, Gunson)

Post  Admin Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:39 am

As the unit withdraws slowly through the thick trees, the branches wipe and claw at them, tugging on their bulky packs, fatigues and weapons. The rain thins out somewhat due to the heavy tree-cover and the night becomes far darker inside, soon each soldier struggles to see their hand in front of them and the tangled roots and forest clutter begin to trip up the men. Pilks somewhere ahead swears loudly as he thuds onto the ground out of sight of everyone, grunting he tells everyone to come look at what he 'slipped' over. As everyone pulls the heavy branches out of the way to see the small area of free forest Sergeant Valance flicks on a torch - A human body torn to shreds, its intestines and some parts of it's body missing and bones revealed lies in a pile of gore and rot.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://finaldamnation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Typhus Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:17 am

Sanchez stop's and turn's to face Bear he say's to him

"sir no dissrespect but my order's come from the commanding officer i answer to Gunson only, any other order's need to be taken up with him, we have ranger's who can probably do a better job than just me and Dicken's in the rear, sir im more suited to scouting at the moment, im sorry sir"

as Sanchez turn's and continue's heading for the front to scout for possible ambush site's he walk's past Gunson and say's to him as he passes

"going ahead to scout for possible ambush site's sir if that's ok?, i'll be about 10 metre's ahead, sir i think Bear could use the ranger's in the rear, i'll take Dicken's with me"

as he continue's moving ahead through the thick forest he say's to himself

'i hope this does'nt step on anyone's toe's, me answering to the Captain and no-one else'
Typhus
Typhus

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:15 am

with a scowl guns walks up to sanchez and grabs him by the shirt collar, dragging him close
"Do i look like i was making a suggestion. you will do what your goddamn told, boy. there is a chain of command... its a chain that i go get and beat you with if you dont do what i say" guns says as he shoves sanchez away "i want the rangers up front, your in the rear, ready to drop anyone following before they can call us in"turning away from sanshez, guns looks over to pilks "who cares if ya found some poor bloke who got chewed on by some wildlife, just keep moving"
DEATH
DEATH

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_luapssor Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:05 am

Kwalkski walks up to Pilks. "Hmm what do we have here Pilks? bends down looking at the corpse. Hearing Guns to Pilks, Kalwalski looks up to Guns and says "Hey Roo Boy, I for one care that he found this. You should be concerned too. But I guess with all this yelling about who is top dog the commies will be down on us in now time. Guess there is nothing like a pissing contest while being followed and some unknown animal that can mess up a man like this. Looks around, shrugs and pulls out his flashlight and examines the corpse looking for clues to who or what could have caused this.
lord_luapssor
lord_luapssor

Back to top Go down

Post  whitescar Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:38 am

Bear grunts loudly as he struggles along thought the thick woods, Galen offering assistance where he can. He pauses and leans heavily against a tree as he catches up with the group. His fresh bandages are soaked through completely once more, his skin more pale than usual. Once he gathers his breath again he looks over at the group, his eyes settling on Guns and Sanchez.
Swearing loudly, he pushes Galen away and struggles to his feet, limping forward and facing Sanchez. His face bears the evidence of extreme anger as he struggles with his sidearm. Ecentually he manages to pull his pistol from his holster and points it at Sanchez' head. "Soldier! this is tha last f#$%^ing damn time I am gonna tell you to follow your orders! Failure to follow orders in wartime is a death sentence! i will not let one loose link get the rest o' us get killed. We are surrounded by f#$%ing Russkie soldiers and you can't follow orders from a higher ranked soldier!" Bear staggers a bit before managing to correct his stance once more; "This is wartime, not the friggin' playground! Ive said this before shitloads of other so called solo heroes! get yer shit in line. Follow your orders, don't leave a man behind and we all get out o' here alive! That rifle is worthless in this thick scrub and u ain't no trailblazer! get yer arse into line and .." Bear coughs hard, blood trickling from the corner of his mouth which he smears away with the back of his hand, he begins to sway slightly; "For f$%^'s sake.. just do what you need to .."

Bear doesn't finish what he was about to say. his eyes glaze over and his eyes roll back in his head as he falls facefirst onto the hard ground where he lays unmoving. the bandage has fallen from his side as he lands, the torn and gaping wound leaking blood heavily.
whitescar
whitescar

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:43 am

Somewhere off to the side a bestial snarl echoes through the dense forest, followed suddenly by a mans pained and panicked screams and then gunfire. Pushing through the thick trees hurriedly Miller says loudly "Something took Carter! Just grabbed him and dragged him off by the leg! There is blood everywhere, he dropped his unloaded RPG, Sergeant Valance and Evermont went after it..." He pauses looking at the defiled body on the ground, then noticing Bear turns and moves to try and aid him.

Shaking his head Valance returns later with Evermont pushing into the very crowded small space containing a few of the soldiers in sight. "We lost him, the screaming stopped eventually... There is alot of blood just.. Could not keep up, it's fast. Whatever it is."

Last edited by Admin on Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_luapssor Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:50 am

Kawalski Looks over to the commotion happening near him. Seeing Bear collapse he runs with hobble over to him, whipping his Jump Kit off his back as naturally as breathing. Dropping to his knees he quickly rolls Bear on to his back and tilts his head back cheacking to see if any obstruction is in his airway also feeling for breath. Seeing that Bear is breathing Kawalski reaches in to his bag and pulls out a couple of field dressings and begins to place them on Bear's stomach and legs. Seeing that the bleeding his controlled Kawalski checks his pulse. Frowning "Sh!t, it's weak! Galen get to his feet and lift them up so they are above his body. God I wish I had an O2 bottle right now." Reaches in to his pocket and pulls out a Blood Pressure Cuff and Stethoscope and begins to to take his blood pressure. "F@ck thats very low too!" deflates it's and places the Cuff in the bag and the Stethoscope around his neck. Kawalski quickly looks around in his Jump Kit and pulls out a IV Start Kit opens it up and pulls out a Cathader needle, tournequet and Saline bag. Places the tournequet around Bear's arm and finds a vain and inserts the needle in to it so easily that it's like 2nd nature to him. Connects the Saline bag to the needle and mumbles You better be worth it, it's my last one!. He then waves Pilks over. "Here" hands the saline back to Pilks "Make yourself useful and be a IV pole". Looks back to Bear monitoring him.

With out looking up from Bear and hearing the scream Kawalski says "What the hell was that? If that thing is getting closer we will need to find a safe place so I can an eye on him"
lord_luapssor
lord_luapssor

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:16 pm

looking towards kawalski for a moment guns frowns.
"safe place? where do you think we are?" guns says as he hobbles closer looking towards the GI's standing around "grab him and lets move. he might be about to die. but if we dont move we all will be joining him" guns says as he looks around the forest warily.
"pull the perimiter in tight" guns orders as he moves slowly towards where carter was dragged off
DEATH
DEATH

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_luapssor Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:52 am

Kawalksi takes Bear's pulse. Hearing Guns speak. "Move him and go where? Why don't you stop pretending to act like an SAS trooper and actully be one! Hmm lets see we are just running though a forrest in pitch black with no real direction. Why don't you use this time to find a farm house or something so we can hole up till daylight and lick our wounds! Because I'm not moving from here till he is stable. Plus what is going to be easier, defending a position were are at or dragging wounded half way across Poland and getting attacked and loosing more." Still looking down at Bear, Kawalksi taps his temples with his index finger and in a calm voice, one that he would use to talk to patient "Think for minute rather then just react"
lord_luapssor
lord_luapssor

Back to top Go down

Post  Typhus Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:29 am

Sanchez look's Bear in the eye's and say's to him in an angry voice

"if your gunna put a gun to my head pull the f*cking trigger or is this just a scare tactic cause it aint f*cknig working"

he then turn's to Gun's and say's to him

"next time you think your good enough to push be prepared to cop a broken jaw, you boy's talk about following a chain of command and expect everyone under you to do as you say, well maybe you should look reall hard at yourselve's there still is one person above you and i take order's from him and him only, who isnt following the chain of command now"
Typhus
Typhus

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:29 am

"your a moron kawaski" guns says over his shoulder as he looks around "we are bearly 200 meters from the edge of this damn forrest with a division of pissed off russians on our ass" guns says as he leans against a tree heavily "its move or die time. and our direction ... well that doesnt matter as long as we are putting distance between the russians and us"
shakeing his head slowly "you dont get it. you think i dont care about these boys... well i do and staying here will kill them all. it may come as a shock to you but i have done this before. behind enemy lines is my bread and butter"
DEATH
DEATH

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_luapssor Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:46 am

Shakes his head while looking down at Bear and stands. Begins packing up his equipment. "It would be more convincing that you have done this before if you weren't screaming like some brat about who is in charge. But since you are so keen on taking charge there is Bear take charge of his treatment. Since we have to move out and I wont have time to "my bread and butter". If you did listen to me I did say lest just here. I wanted to find some place that we could hide out, and so I could my "bread and butter" which includes that mangled up leg you have there. F@ck it I give up, I'll give you something for that leg and lets go"

Opens up his bag and takes out 2 ampules and needles. Cracks one open and draws out the liquid with one of the needles. Bends down to Bear and inserts in the port on the iv line. "This will help with the pain that in sure you going to have"

Cracks open the ampule and draws up another syringe. Walks over to Guns and injects it his injured leg. "It's enough to take the edge of the pain but not impair you"
lord_luapssor
lord_luapssor

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:48 am

Gunfire cracks nearby, muzzles flashing through the dense branches.

"Contact!" The word is punctuated by a few more shots. "It's gone." Reports Gallows somewhere off from the group on perimeter.

From the side Raker leans the butt of his L85 onto his forearm as he leans his head into the clearing for a moment. "At this point in time I really do not care who peed in who's coffee - You bunch are all you have at the moment, let's worry about this shit when we actually get home, heck otherwise we might as well all just go our own ways if you think you can survive better on your damn own at the moment eh?"

He looks to Captain Gunson after a moment then adds. "For some of us, this is the life we have chosen and as far as I am concerned I do not want to die alone in the dark without any friends in Poland. What do you think, Captain?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anon Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:44 pm

Gunson stands alone in the small area, arms folded across his chest watching the scene unfold before him. Nodding in acknowledgment to Raker.

"You've all had your say I take it?" Captain Gunsons' stature takes on a less than friendly posture, his voice thickening with a mallow sustenance he continues "It's time for me to p*ss on your bonfires. As from now other than Sgts Valance, Kawalski, Dyke and Cpl Briggins, you are all demoted to the rank of Private. You will remain at that rank until such time as I see fit to increase that status. If anybody tries to assert themselves in my presence again you will be shot. Understood?"

Gunson unslings his MP5K, bringing it to his front and forward assisting the cocking lever to ensure its position.

'Kawalski, tend the wounded if you will, everyone else get yourselves to f*cking ground. I see anybodys head pop up it better be because the enemy is chewing your f*cking colon or you can expect my size 12 in the back of your hollow f*cking skull."

Turning to "Sanchez, Briggins, Raker. With me. Kawalski, you're in charge of this sh*theap."

Gunson moves over to Kawalski reaffixing his beret securely on the way. Now standing before Kawalski he continues in a quieter voice:

"I trust your judgement soldier, don't let me down. I want you to hold this position for as long as you are able. My team and I are looking for a safer location, we should be no more than 15 minutes."

Gunson takes out a map of the general area and his compass. He turns to Briggins.

"I want a new harbour position now." turning to Sanchez and Raker "We need to move quick. Light weapons only, sorry Sanchez no PTRS to use just yet. Take your lighter sniper rifle we may need the scope and your personal sidearm aswell. Raker, L85 and sidearm."

Gunson digs into his personal webbing and brings out a torch, thin rope and some electrical tape. Snapping off pieces of the electrical tape he places the pieces over the head of the torch, flicking it on it creates a narrow beam of light instead of its wide angled luminescence. Placing the tape back in the exact same spot he hands the torch to Sanchez, "Here's your eyes Sanchez, make sure you aim it at the floor and not lighthouse our location". Unravelling and biting off an 8 metre section of rope he again hands it to Sanchez, "Tie this to your webbing, then Briggins his, myself then Raker. You guide us Sanchez, I'll relay directions up the line where I can. Keep in tight and monitor your arcs. If one person goes then we go with him, so it's in your f*cking interest to stay alert. We move out for seven minutes then return and move the rest of the troops up, continue until we find safe harbour."

Looking back over to Kawalski "Good luck Kawalski, you'll f*cking need it!"

Gunson and his section move out through the prone soldier to secure a harbour area.
Anon
Anon

http://www.twitter.com/theinnerpaul

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:17 am

Besides the odd sounds of trees moving and forest litter being kicked the duty of holding is up is a quiet one until Captain Gunson returns sometime later.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anon Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:52 pm

Gunson, Sanchez, Raker and Briggins all return, passing through the sentry and recieving challenges when doing so.
They begin to untye the rope tethering them all together.

"Good job boys. Nice effort."

Addressing all the unit

"Men, we've found some nice shelter no more than a hundred metres from here. Get up and prepare to move. Sanchez you take point, lead them direct and swift to the bunker. Kawalski, you have Raker and Briggins carry Bear. Guns your in the middle with me. Rangers, take rear guard travelling close. No more than three metres from the rest of us. Civilians and any other injured are centre. Everyone with a weapon monitor your arcs closely we're moving quick. Sanchez make sure you grab the PTRS, I don't want you leaving more equipment behind. Grab your sh*t and let's go."

Gunson starts to help organise troops into their respective places and decides, as a side note:

"Sanchez, Bear and Guns your rank issue will be sorted in the next location. I want no more of this shit to happen, comprendez-vous?"
Anon
Anon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:15 pm

Meters of dense forest causes the group to struggle as they advance, the trail blazes finding it impossible not to push and step on some of the plants to try and make travel easier.

The rain continues to drip down through the heavy branches, drenching the wilderness landscape and with the visibility low to the point of a hand without guided light feet struggle to not find catches as they cross eventually the group breaks into a small clearing.

In the middle of the clearing dug down into the ground is a large concrete walled entrance with huge double doors are sealed. Six inches thick and with large steel-like substance holding the doors into the concrete walls. The door is covered in blood, with a large splatter near the bottom. There is something written on the walls above the bunker entrance - 'Aventis Recherche Laboratoire'.

The ground around the area is littered in some foot prints, the rain making it impossible to tell any further facts of them.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Typhus Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:56 am

Sanchez aknowledge's the order's given by his commanding officer and turns to him and say's

"i aint forgetting nothing this time sir"

Sanchez pick's up what gear he has and make's his way out to lead the group to the shelter that they had found earlier
Typhus
Typhus

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_luapssor Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:00 am

Hears work that shelter has been found. Alright we are about to move out. Bear is still out cold we will have to carry him. Find to poles about 2 feet longer then him. Fetch me some rope too. Need to make a quick strecher. I'm not draggin him.
lord_luapssor
lord_luapssor

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:12 am

Construction of the stretcher is a easy job not taking very long at all and the group travels without incident all the way to the bunker, except for their 'night noises' of something dashing through the trees at terribly fast speeds which would be impossible for a man in these dense conditions.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:22 am

moving up up to the top of the stairs guns crouches and looks down towards the door
"looks solid, without an oxy torch, we will probably need to put an RPG though it to get in" guns whispers to gunson
"might still be occupied too, so whos going to volenteer to cheak"
DEATH
DEATH

Back to top Go down

Post  whitescar Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:19 pm

Bear groans loudly, his eyelids fluttering, but still not opening. He groans a couple of more times before going quiet.
whitescar
whitescar

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_luapssor Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:34 pm

Kawalski looks over Bear as he groans. Checks his tempreture with his hand and looks over his wounds. Opens his eye lids quickly to and looks over hs pupils. Makes sure that the IV is still in place and not empty. Waves over a free solider. "Keep an eye on him tell me if any changes in him, or wakes up. Got to tend to the rest of the men here.".

Packs up his stuff and starts to make the rounds treating the other wounded men.
lord_luapssor
lord_luapssor

Back to top Go down

Post  Anon Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:04 am

Gunson looks over to Guns

"Congratulations Guns, you just volunteered" Gunson un-slings his MP5K conducting a forward assist to verify the locking of the bolt assembly. "You and me anyway soldier.."

Gunson gives a sly smile over to Guns.

"Sanchez, get a small perimeter set up Guns and I are going in, should be back in five." looking back at Guns "You and me mate. Let's get up close and see how this thing is sealed, I'm going to save that RPG if I can."
Anon
Anon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next