Final Damnation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter Two -The Baying of Wolves - Ulfgar, Gizur & Gráknir

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Chapter Two -The Baying of Wolves - Ulfgar, Gizur & Gráknir - Page 2 Empty Re: Chapter Two -The Baying of Wolves - Ulfgar, Gizur & Gráknir

Post  DEATH Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:32 am

gizor hurdels over the fallen wolf, landing his right foot apon its back and leaping forward holding his axe two handedly abover his head ready to bring it down apon the second wolfs neck
DEATH
DEATH

Back to top Go down

Chapter Two -The Baying of Wolves - Ulfgar, Gizur & Gráknir - Page 2 Empty Re: Chapter Two -The Baying of Wolves - Ulfgar, Gizur & Gráknir

Post  whitescar Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:33 am

The remaining wolf leaps towards the hurtling Gizur. they crash into each other mid-air, spinning to the ground in a tangle of fir and flesh. Gizur's arm draws back and strikes repeatedly, as the wolf snaps towards his face, narrowly missing, barely a hairs breath from taking it off.
Despite his blows and the blood raining from the wolf's side, Gizur is in a very dangerous position. He is pinned beneath the beast, barely holding it at bay to strike some hard won blows against it. it would seem a matter of time before he fails to evade the jaws.

Last edited by whitescar on Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
whitescar
whitescar

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:52 am

gizor dodges his head to the right, as the wolf lash's out, its large maw bearly missing his head, its saliva spraying every which way as gizor struggles for his life beneath the beasts hulking frame. tucking his legs up beneath the wolf, gizor kicks out with all his might
DEATH
DEATH

Back to top Go down

Post  whitescar Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:10 am

Gizur's efforts are to no avail. He struggles to lever the beast of him, buts great bulk is too heavy for him to shift, although he does manage to give himself some breathing room from the snapping teeth.
whitescar
whitescar

Back to top Go down

Post  Anon Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:03 pm

"Ah Gizur. You decided to join the fight then? This is no time for intimacy brother."

Grinning, Gráknir takes out a Bodkin arrow and moves toward the struggling pair. Finding the wolf's focus locked entirely on Gizur, Gráknir steps beside the wolfs head. "It's a fine mess you have yourself in there brother. Need a hand?" Without waiting for a reply, Gráknir lifts the wolfs ear and plunges the Bodkin deep inside.
Anon
Anon

http://www.twitter.com/theinnerpaul

Back to top Go down

Post  whitescar Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:11 am

Chapter Two -The Baying of Wolves - Ulfgar, Gizur & Gráknir - Page 2 Dire_w10

Chapter Two -The Baying of Wolves - Ulfgar, Gizur & Gráknir - Page 2 Direwo11

Last edited by whitescar on Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total
whitescar
whitescar

Back to top Go down

Post  Typhus Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:02 am

As Ulfgar stand's beside the wolf who is trying to feast on Gizor, Ulfgar lift's his axe and starts to bring it down onto the back of it's head at roughly the same time as Graknir drives his arrow forward towards it's head.
Typhus
Typhus

Back to top Go down

Post  whitescar Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:22 am

As Graknir grasps at the wolves ear in preparation to deal a deathblow to the creature and begins to drive the bodkin home, it lifts itself from the prone lad, driving its shoulder into Graknir as it pushes forward. He flies back into Ulfgar as he drives his axe downwards. it strikes the wolf a solid blow to the head and it drops to the ground unmoving.
Ulfgar look's toward's the treeline and give's a quick scan to see if he can see any more movement. The taste of battle is upon him and he is disapointed upon not seeing anything and he turn's to Gizor , who is half trapped beneath the fallen wolf, and extend's his hand to help him up and say's

"i told you Graknir he like's the hairy one's, it's good to see you still have the ball's to charge into a battle with me Gizor i was starting to think you were going a bit soft"

the young men chuckle at Ulfgar's comment, they were alway's mucking around>

Last edited by whitescar on Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:37 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : edited to include craigs post to keep the thread flowing in order - damn takes me a while to finish a post at work :D)
whitescar
whitescar

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:46 am

slamming his axe down into the dead wolf he was just pulled form underneath gizor spits on its corpse "the wolfs what was trying to kiss me, i was dodgin for all i was worth" gizor adds with a grin "and ive seen the wenches that you drag home, probably not the person to be talkin"gizor walks across and pick up his shield, looking back to the group "when that damn big one threw me got a bibt dazed, took me a moment to come back to it"
DEATH
DEATH

Back to top Go down

Post  whitescar Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:03 am

The youths take a moment to collect themselves. As they look around they notice that four of their number are laying in bloodied heaps. Phelps, Serget, Rendaak and Sven. They all died with their faces to their foe, the taste of battle on their lips. They earnt good deaths, their funeral pyres would be that of honour. All in the group are sporting wounds of varying degree. Ygorvik would likely never use his left hand again, although it is only his shield arm and not his weapon hand.
Five Fenrisian wolves lay dead in the clearing, four smaller ones typical of this area, and one slightly larger beast, more at home in the foothills of the peaks nearby. None as large as those found in the deeper mountain regions to the south, or as large as those spoken of in the tales from the forbidden lands.
Only a matter of minutes have passed, though it seems it is a lifetime. All are breathing heavily and the weariness begins to seep in as the adrenaline gradually fades, although it is hard to dim the elation they feel. the excitement. today they have proven themselves once more as the men they will become. They will hold places of honour at the tables at tomorrows feast. not their fathers, or tribe members. Them.
they have slain the pack of wolves that has claimed 2 score of the villagers. it is no mere feat, but a momentous event for them.
As it all sinks in, they notice the fallen young boy laying where it has fell. He has gathered himself into a foetal position, rocking himself as he stares at the fallen beasts. They have saved him. Another feat to be proud of. The late afternoon sun casts baleful shadows into the clearing as they begin to collect themselves.
whitescar
whitescar

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:31 am

looking around the at the fallen boddies of his brothers Gizor looks to the sky for a moment before turning to face those still standing
"HAIL THE VICTORIOUS DEAD!"

slinging his shield over his back gizor walks across and stands above the small boys, looking down at him quizicaly. his shaddow falling over the boy in the waining afternoon light
"what are you doing down there" gizor says to the boy "stand proud, few your age could have outrun a wolf of fenris, stand tall boy"gizor reaches down and lifts the boys face, looking directly into his eyes gizor grins
"be you a man, or a woman child" gizor lets go of his dirt smudged face. "stand boy and let us hear you name"
DEATH
DEATH

Back to top Go down

Post  Typhus Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:28 am

as Ulfgar look's over the dead he say's to his brother's

"our job here is not done yet my brother's, we must give our fallen brother's a warrior's funeral for they faught well today....it is what they deserve"

he then turn's to his brother who Gizor is talking to and say's

"Gizor is right get up and hold your head high, you should be proud you did, after all out ran a fenris wolf, but remeber this brother we are fenrisian warrior's we do not run we fight this is our way, the next time you run away from battle i will personally put my axe into your head"

as much as what Ulfgar had just said sounded calise it's how he was bought up, he was'nt bought up to run he was bought up to stand and fight his father was tough and wasn't afraid to let the other men know, the amount of beating's Ulfgar had gotten while training with his father was enough to pass this knowledge on to his brother's to make them better men.

Last edited by Typhus on Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Typhus
Typhus

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:45 am

hearing Ulfgar's words gizor shakes his head.
"put our fallen on there shields, we will return them to the tribe. these men have earned more that an ignominious plot of earth in the woods" gizur looks around all those present, his eys falling on the face of every man still standing "they gave there all, we could wish to be so brave"gizor looks towardsthe gound for a second before continuing
"their funeral pyres will light the night sky, and as the smoke billows into the sky it will carry these heros souls up to the halls of russ"

walking over towards ulfgar, gizor clasps his shoulder in friendship
"i apreaciate you zeal brother, but this boy is scared out of his mind. and he is still a child.. barely, but still. there will be time later for chastising his actions." looking towards ulfgar with a grin gizor continues "and if we can get him to talk, perhaps we can find out where he came from"
DEATH
DEATH

Back to top Go down

Post  whitescar Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:59 am

The boy, shamefaced, stands slowly, his legs still shaking. "i .. I . am Hgorl .. my family lived a half days .. walk over the river.." He vaguely points in the direction he was running from. He wipes the grime and blood from his face. "These wolves set upon them ... my family ... my little sister .. " He sighs once more, before straightening and collecting himself." They are dead. i ran and ran to try and find help ... they found my trail ... I don't know how long i've ran for. I don't know where I am really .."
It is obvious the lad is thirsty and has been pushing himself hard for some time. Most of the wounds he has are from trees and branches, although several on his upper right arm and chest are obviously from a wolf. As he notices Ulfgar looking at them he replies. "I fought one before I was sent for help. My brother and I slew it with spears before I was sent to get help. I saw him fall before I left ..". He licks his dry and cracked lips as some colour returns to his face. His voice is stronger and more surer now that he is with the other older youths.
whitescar
whitescar

Back to top Go down

Post  Typhus Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:20 am

hearing what Gizor has said Ulfgar replie's in a brotherly way

"something we must remember brother is that we are but boy's to, trying to prove we are men, maybe i was a little hard on the boy but when weve been trained for this... weakness is something that cant be tolerated, we will take him home with us, maybe the elder's will let him stay in the village. You fought like a true Fenrisian Warrior today brother but i must know who has taught you.."
Typhus
Typhus

Back to top Go down

Post  Typhus Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:39 am

Ulfgar turn's to his brother's and say's

"im taking the largest teeth from one of the dead wolve's or maybe i shall take it's head.. maybe i'll take the biggest head, it will look good in my father's house"

Ulfgar move's toward's the bigger of the wolve's and pull's out his axe preparing to take its head.
Typhus
Typhus

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:52 am

"maybe you should have left the large one to graknir, it was his kill after all" gizor says to ulfgar as he picks up the broken shaft of his spear "a trophy that is not yours, will bring no honour to your house"
DEATH
DEATH

Back to top Go down

Post  whitescar Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:55 am

The survivors gather a moment to watch the scene before them. Gizur, Gráknir, Horgrim, ullie and Ygorvic stand back a moment gathering the fallen boys as Ulfgar labours away. Serget, Sven, Rendaak and Phelps are soon arranged in a group.
whitescar
whitescar

Back to top Go down

Post  Typhus Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:05 am

as Ulfgar hear's what Gizor said he say's to him

" sorry brother it's not what i meant i was thinking ahead of myself the excitement of battle has taken hold, the bigger male is not my kill but i will take the head or pelt of the wolf that was killed by the three of us if you dont mind brother? and you are right my father would not be happy i took credit for another's kill i was bought up better, when we get home you up for some sparing?, i think i need to work this day off"

as the group of boy's are heading home Ulfgar put's his hand on the shoulder of Hgorl and say's to him

"home is not far now Hgorl, there you will eat and drink and regain your strength"
Typhus
Typhus

Back to top Go down

Post  whitescar Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:45 am

Horgrim turns to Ygorvic. "Come Ygorvik, let us go and cut some poles for sleds to carry the fallen back to the village." With a nod, the other boy falls in and heads towards the trees to look for suitable branches.
Ullie draws his knife, looking to the wolves. "We should skin these beasts and each take some trophy of our victory. We have done ourselves great honour today."

Last edited by whitescar on Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
whitescar
whitescar

Back to top Go down

Post  Anon Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:20 pm

"Well said Ullie"

Gráknir wipes off his bloodied knife on the nearest leaf. "Come Gizor and Ulfgar help me flay these beasts. I could use the extra clothing and these are the finest beasts I have seen so close to our home. It would be an honour to wear such a fine pelt."

Gráknir begins to skin the largest wolf. Working quickly he turns the wolf onto it's back, slices up from tail to neck. Happy that the incision is far enough through, he circles the neck with his knife, grabbing the legs he cuts circles around the wolfs ankles and slices down through the inside leg to the center point. Quick but cautiously, he begins to tug at the pelt, moving his hands between the membrane and skin.

"Quickly now brothers. The sun will be setting soon and I'd rather be sipping down some ale and eating wolf meat in front of the 'Great Fire' rather than sitting outside in the freezing cold. Take the finest cuts of meat with you, there will be plenty to go around the village tonight!"
Anon
Anon

http://www.twitter.com/theinnerpaul

Back to top Go down

Post  whitescar Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:47 am

Ullie moves and begins assisting Gráknir to skin and butcher the dead beasts.
Horgrim and Ygorvic return soon after bearing a number of stout poles, shorn of leaves and reasonably sturdy and straight.
They place these in a pile before turning and heading back the the trees for some more..

Last edited by whitescar on Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total
whitescar
whitescar

Back to top Go down

Post  Typhus Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:17 am

Ulfgar get's started on skinning the wolf he had helped kill, he turn's and say's to his brother's

"im proud of you all brother's and hounred to fight along side you all... you all fought well, tonight we feast, drink mead and tell the story of how Gizor was friendly with the beast, maybe it remind's him of one of his many women"

as the boy's laugh at Ulfgar's comment the other boy's are busy putting together some sled's to take the fallen home.
Typhus
Typhus

Back to top Go down

Post  DEATH Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:09 pm

watching Horgrim and Ygorvic leave the poles, gizor walks across up and examines them for a second. looking across towards Gráknir, gizor grins "pass me those pelts when you have them skinned. our fallen shall make the journey home born apon the skins of there slain enimies"

shakeing his head for a moment gizor looks back towards Ulfgar "the only one i can think of would be your sister, she would have been far more visious." grinning broadly gizor continues "and besides your keep mentioning my women, not jelous are you Ulfgar"
DEATH
DEATH

Back to top Go down

Post  Typhus Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:19 am

Ulfgar laughe's at Gizor and say's

"i think my sister is more man than woman, no brother i am not jelous i just get worried with the amount of women you have had you might wake up one day and not join me in battle"

Ulfgar help's Gizor get started on the strecher's, occasionally looking toward's the tree line just incase more fenrisian wolve's want to join there little party.
Typhus
Typhus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next