Final Damnation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter One -the sea of dragons" - Søybjörn and Skwisgaa

3 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Chapter One -the sea of dragons" - Søybjörn and Skwisgaa - Page 2 Empty Re: Chapter One -the sea of dragons" - Søybjörn and Skwisgaa

Post  Admin Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:08 am

Grasping up his Harpoon Søybjörn grips it in both hands and moves in with a deft piercing charge hefting it as he would a long spear, aiming again for the beasts ear or eye as it shifts around in pain.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://finaldamnation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Chapter One -the sea of dragons" - Søybjörn and Skwisgaa - Page 2 Empty Re: Chapter One -the sea of dragons" - Søybjörn and Skwisgaa

Post  whitescar Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:52 am

Skwisgaar slips across the deck, pulling himself to his feet as he struggles after his axe as it slides across the wet decking, eventually he manages to clasp its wooden handle and pull it close as he deftly jumps to his feet and looks back to the dragon.
He sees Søybjörn drive his harpoon directly into the maw of the beast, its iron tip drives into the back of its throat and lodges there. The gathered crew members clamber against the beast, striking it repeatedly, smashing scales aside and driving into the soft flesh beneath.
The flailing beast rolls sidelong off the boat, knocking Gnarl almost overboard his fingers just managing to grip the splintered dragonbone frame allowing him to hang precariously over the swirling maelstrom beneath him.
The beast gradually disapears into the deep waters, still thrashing as it sinks.
whitescar
whitescar

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:34 am

Releasing his grip upon the Harpoon, Søybjörn moves to aid the fallen man back onto the boat, rushing to make it in time as he tries to stay standing himself against the turmoil of the shattered seas.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitescar Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:17 am

Søybjörn struggles to hold the man, the salty spray and the wash of the waves as they strike the side of the boat make his task difficult. The pleading look in the mans eyes as the youth struggles says it all. He has no wish to suffer the indignity of drowning after surviving the maw of the beast.
Søybjörn struggles to hold the man, his struggle alomst futile as a wave strikes them both, nearly ripping Gnarl from his precarious grasp.

Last edited by whitescar on Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
whitescar
whitescar

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:56 pm

Søybjörn looks around the ship, allowing his gaze to settle on Skwisgaar and then shouts over the wash of the waves and fury of the storm to him; "Give me a hand!" He looks back to the flailing man, a dark thought crossing his mind visible in his eyes.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_luapssor Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:09 pm

Hears Søybjörn screaming for help. Skwisgaarruns over to him and looks down at the man over the edge. He grabs hold of this man help to left him up.
lord_luapssor
lord_luapssor

Back to top Go down

Post  whitescar Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:29 am

Skwisgaar swings his arm over the edge, his clammy hands clasping the remaining arm of Gnarl as it clings barely to the splintered frame of the boat. Between the pair of the boys they manage to haul him back over the edge to safety, which leaves them both puffing heavily, short of breath from all their exertions so far.
The three of them collapse to the decking, leaning against the side of the boat trying to draw in some hard earned breaths.
Gnarl manages to utter "Ye lads have my thanks. I didnt want mah soul to be a roost for the demons. You did well in that fight, did ya fathers proud."
As they look around, they see the fore of the dragonboat is a splintered mess. The remaining crew men began to gather themselves once more, aiding the wounded and piling the dead. The Waves still rose and fell crashing into the boat as the skies churned.
The battle with the dragons was over for now. but the one with the storm was far from finished .
whitescar
whitescar

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_luapssor Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:59 am

Skwisgaar tunrs to Gnark. "There is no need to thanks us. You would have done the same for any of us. We should join the others and help with the dead and fix the ship. This storm looks to be worse then any Dragon attack!" He stands, swings his battle axe on to his shoulder and slowly makes his way to Bow of the ship. Looks out over the water though the destruction that the Dragons caused. Shakes his head and spits over the edge where the second dragon fell. mutters to himself quietly "The Gods were on our side today, Praise be to Russ!" Bows his head and goes about helping the dead for there Final Voyage.

Last edited by lord_luapssor on Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
lord_luapssor
lord_luapssor

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:01 am

Pulling himself from the deck, Søybjörn looks over the wrecked ship before moving to grab up the tools to begin repairing the ship as the waves continue to wash over the hull of the vessel causing him to stop and gather his footing before continuing in his labors. He nods earnestly to Skwisgaar when he draws his gaze.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitescar Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:51 pm

Struggling against the surging motion of the dragonship as it is tossed around by the surging waves as the storm continues to wrack the battered boat, the crew manage to perform enough repairs to get the boat seaworthy enough to continue.
The fallen are given to the sea and their passage to the afterlife assured. They died from the foe to the front, not kicking and screaming as cowards.
As if the killing of the dragons had broken an evil spell, the sea began to calm. Mere hours later, it was as smooth as glass and the measured beat of the oarmaster’s drum was the only sound save the quiet sloshing of the waves against the ship’s hull.
A barrel of mead is ordered to be broached. The men have survived the terrors of the sea and lived to tell their tales. They drink it hirriedly in good spirits, toasting the fallen and boasting of their deeds. The boys Søybjörn and Skwisgaar are toasted as heroes for their parts inthe slayings of the dragon as old Gnarl tells the tale of their deeds.
Søybjörn's father still stood at the prow, Swisgaar's father beside him, both lifetime friends, as if keeping guard against the daemons of the sea. They scanned the far horizon, shading their eyes with gnarled hands, looking for the sightings of land. Overhead the sun beat down. It was not the pale small sphere of winter. Now it was a huge fiery orb that filled the sky with its golden light. The Eye of Russ was fully open, surveying his chosen people as they endured the terrors of Fenris’s long hard summer. The remaining water steamed from the decks under its gaze.
Søybjörn approached his father, bringing him a horn of mead, Skwisgaar by his side. “What are you looking for?” Søybjörn asked, astonished by his own temerity. His father was silent for a while, and Søybjörn feared that he was not going to answer. Just then he pointed. He looked at what his father was pointing to and caught his breath.
Ahead of them mighty peaks rose over the horizon, a great battlement of spears that pierced the clouds. The walls of the peaks were white and something like ice glittered along their slopes even where they flowed down into the sea.
“The Walls of the Gods,” Søybjörn said and made the rune-sign of Russ over his breast.
“aye lad, The peaks of Asaheim. We are nearly there. The time for our venegance is nigh upon us.” his father murmured softly.
whitescar
whitescar

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:30 pm

With a deep frown Søybjörn nods slowly in response to his father, the actions hiding the emotional turmoil inside of him of excitement and fear. If this was his voyage he would not have his father see him show those signs that he was not prepared to do what was expected of him. He takes a deep breath, speaking more to steady himself;

"I call upon mighty Russ, to be always at my side, so that I may fight bravely after each oncoming tide. Let blood be on my axe, let sweat fall from my brow, as I go on the battlefield to strike my foes down. And if I should be last to fall, let me die a death with pride, then all will proudly know a hero is how I died."

As Søybjörn finishes he seems more composed, a bitter smile forming on his lips and remaining there and his stare even and true along the peaks as his hand drifts to the handle of his axe unconsciously.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_luapssor Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:33 pm

Skwisgaar walks up and stands beside his father. Both of them looking out at The peaks of Asaheim in silence. Each of them thinking over the events that have happened and of the ones that are to come once they hit land fall.
lord_luapssor
lord_luapssor

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_luapssor Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:53 am

Skwisgaar's father turns to him. "Son you fought well today. I'm proud of the man that you have become. For now go and rest and let Úlfvaldr and I stand watch. There will more opportunities to prove your valor again once we land. We still have over a days sail."

Skwisgaar nod to his father. "Thank you for you have taught me. I wont let you down once we make battle with our enemy." He then turns and starts to walk away. "Søybjörn are you going to come? there is a horn of mead that needs to be drunk." smiles and continues walking to the barrel of mean and takes a horn full of it.
lord_luapssor
lord_luapssor

Back to top Go down

Post  whitescar Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:08 am

Old Gnarl walks over, slamming a horn of mead into Søybjörn 's hand, sloshing some of the sweet brew over its side. "Heroes! Both of them!" He clasps both boys by the shoulder as he speaks, his voice loud and booming. the voice of a tale teller."You do your fathers proud. Without your hand today I would be doing the demons biddings, and without no small amount of your efforts, two yon dragons lie at the bottom of the ocean and a handful of our own. Drink up! Ye have earned it boys! You are your father' sons all right!"
From the prow of the ship, the two men turn and watch the scene with their heads held high.
whitescar
whitescar

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_luapssor Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:42 am

Skwisgaar grins broadly. "Thank you Gnarl I didn't do much but get p!55ed off at them! F^cking dragons attacking us and spoiling our voyage of revenge!" Stand and raises his Horn and yells above the wind, ocean and the rest of the men on the ship "Eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we die! Death to the Grimskull, glory to the Deathfist and Praise be to Russ!" Skwisgaar takes a deep drink from his horn, finshing off. "More mead, for the hero of 'Spear of Russ'"! laughing heartedly.
lord_luapssor
lord_luapssor

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:15 pm

With an almost feral grin as he drinks the entire offering of mead Søybjörn shakes his head as he looks to Skiwsgaar, his friend in the face. "Russ was testing us, this has all just been a test to see if we are worthy and I believe my friend, we passed. Others it was merely their time to heed his calling to the ivory halls - For us, we are stronger then before, and we shall continue to grow stronger for each challenge Russ gifts us!" He lifts his now empty mug up high. "Another! Praise Russ! Bring glory to our Lord and a swift bitter death to those who stand before us and try to make us lay down our weapons!" He lifts his voice to the sky. "Praise Russ! Glory for our Lord Úlfvaldr may our deeds never rival his!"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_luapssor Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:24 pm

Skwisgaar turns to Søybjörn and holds his horn to him. "Aye indeed we are stronger then before my friend. Killing these sea best reminds of the time we killed the wolves while tracking down deer couple of winters back. That was adventure. Nothing but the crudely made spears of our youth and our wits. At least these dragons had honor in the kills and not just a warm coat" grind broadly.
lord_luapssor
lord_luapssor

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:37 pm

Søybjörn bows his head respectfully to his friend as he accepts the horn. "Aye Skwisgaar, however what of the Great Fenris Bears? - I desire to hunt them for the glory of our clan and Lord, such a gigantic Bear's hide would look small on his broad shoulders."

With a thin, terrible smile on his lips he looks back out to the peaks and then further on. "For them, those fools the Great Year comes early and we shall force them to the seas. May the pale sun be as cruel to them as it has us."

He looks to Skwisgaar again, a fiery burning in his eyes. "Who would of thought my brother, we would be standing here when not so long ago such a attack would of seemed dangerous, now it is merely trivial!" He gives back the drinking horn to Skwisgaar and makes a drinking motion, moving to fill his own again.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_luapssor Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:49 pm

Laughs, "Søybjörn there will be time after this battle to hunt the bears. I could use a new winter coat too continues to laugh. "Aye this is indeed a dangerous journey we are on. I would want nobody else at my side other then you my friend." Drink from his horn deeply again. "At least we drink well on this voyage"
lord_luapssor
lord_luapssor

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:32 pm

Swinging down a mouthful of the mead from where he filled it, Søybjörn raises it with a cheer. "Aye, we drink well for tomorrow, We Die." He looks to Skwisgaar as he finishes his drink and then fills himself another. "Brother, am I going to have to carry you in the next fight as well?" He grins a flash of feral teeth. "I am always carrying your bones through our trials!" He laughs heartily.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_luapssor Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:35 pm

Skwisgaar gives an angry but friendly stare at Søybjörn. "Carry me? CARRY ME? You are the one that stole both my kills. All you did was get eaten the dragon and kick the other one off the bow. I put the foot work in! I'm the one that carried you remember? That time the big nasty buck turned and charged at you and got caught and tangled in his antlers screaming like a bebe, learned that day I have board shoulders to carry your carcass. Lets not forget fishing, who is better at it? Huh, you can tell me grinning broadly.
lord_luapssor
lord_luapssor

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:13 am

Søybjörn chuckles, heartily as he gives a playful glare on his friend. "And who slipped and had me lift his broad shoulders back onto land when he fell off the side of that sheer drop into the sea when we were chasing the great deer of Russ that time?" He lowers himself down, his shoulders getting squared as a familiar banter comes up, his grin and hands inviting his friend to jump at him.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lord_luapssor Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:23 am

Skwisgaar shakes his head and chuckles. "Aye those cliffs can just pop up out of no where though" Seeing Søybjörn squareing off at him, Skwisgaar just laughs and lunges with a fist to hit Søybjörn on the top of the head but fakes and launches with a knee in to his abdomen. "Remeber the last time you tried to wrestle me" continues to laugh.
lord_luapssor
lord_luapssor

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:22 am

With a laugh as he rubs his stomach, Søybjörn shifts to the side and lunges at Skwisgaar attempting to grapple him in a bear hug. "This time, your the one giving in!" He shouts merrily.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitescar Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:53 am

A call from the seaward side draws everyones attention. A sail is sighted on the horizon coming from the deeper ocean, gaining on the Spear of Russ.
Tearll the eagle eye scampers up the mainsail pole, looking beyond, his hand shading his eyes. he stares intently for many moments while the men below look up for his call.
"Its the Hammer of Vhaarl! Our kinsmen made it through the storms and dragons!!"
Fists are cast to the sky in thanks to Russ, cheers resounding in the afternoon air.
whitescar
whitescar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next